Greenturtle's Biocube 29 Build Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I think that I have a perfect stocklist (finally) in order of addition to the tank.

1 Yellow Clown Goby
1 Orange Spotted Goby
2 B&W Clownfish
1 Spotted Mandarin

I'm getting the rock/sand from the LFS today, they would be open on Black Friday, right?

redsea said:
Unfortunately, no. I did get a hermit crab though, a red one! Lol

Nice! My LFS has sales all day. 12-2pm 35% off fish. 2-4pm 35% off coral, 4-7pm 25% all tanks and biocubes

Jlsardina said:
Nice! My LFS has sales all day. 12-2pm 35% off fish. 2-4pm 35% off coral, 4-7pm 25% all tanks and biocubes

Lucky! Do you want to buy a Bio Cube for me? Lol

I have a question about clownfish.

I was going to get a pair of B&W ocellaris clownfish, but in the back I my mind I knew that I really liked the naked ones. Do you guys know if I could make a pair of 1 Naked and 1 B&W clownfish? I read like both, but I am not sure if the Naked is a variant of Ocellaris or Percula.

redsea said:
I would say yes because the Naked Clown is from the ocellaris family. :)

Cool :) I thought one website was calling it a Naked Percula, but I re-read it and it said Naked FALSE Percula ;)

A new LFS opened up 10 minutes away a few weeks ago, and I kept forgetting about it. I decided I wanted to check them out, and I needed dry rock/sand for the new Biocube. They were awesome!!! They specialize in non-common SW fish! Of course they had a few common ones, but mainly really cool fish. A quarter of their tanks were filled with diamond watchman gobies, which I found odd, but cool! Practically 1/2 of their tanks are devoted to clownfish. They had Naked ones even!!! Like 6 of them! They also had b&ws. So I know where I am getting my fish :) they had all of my stocklist. Even ORA spotted mandys. New favorite store :) the place is well kept up and the people are knowledgable and nice.

Attachments

• image-3829828932.jpg
    image-3829828932.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image-2624360080.jpg
    image-2624360080.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 182
Oh, and I got my rock and sand from them too. 15 lbs of Pukani dry rock and 15 lbs of aragonite. I thought my rockscape was really cool, and then I put the sand in. Before and after...

Attachments

• image-3359416690.jpg
    image-3359416690.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 195
  • image-727213074.jpg
    image-727213074.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 167
I am kinda stuck on what clownfish to buy. Which grouping do you guys think would look good TOGETHER?

1. 2 Black And White
2. 2 Naked
3. 1 Naked and 1 Black and White (I am just not sure that they will look aesthetic together)

Greenturtle said:
A new LFS opened up 10 minutes away a few weeks ago, and I kept forgetting about it. I decided I wanted to check them out, and I needed dry rock/sand for the new Biocube. They were awesome!!! They specialize in non-common SW fish! Of course they had a few common ones, but mainly really cool fish. A quarter of their tanks were filled with diamond watchman gobies, which I found odd, but cool! Practically 1/2 of their tanks are devoted to clownfish. They had Naked ones even!!! Like 6 of them! They also had b&ws. So I know where I am getting my fish :) they had all of my stocklist. Even ORA spotted mandys. New favorite store :) the place is well kept up and the people are knowledgable and nice.

So awesome! Glad you found it!

Greenturtle said:
I am kinda stuck on what clownfish to buy. Which grouping do you guys think would look good TOGETHER?

1. 2 Black And White
2. 2 Naked
3. 1 Naked and 1 Black and White (I am just not sure that they will look aesthetic together)

I personally would get combo 3. I like variety!

Greenturtle said:
Oh, and I got my rock and sand from them too. 15 lbs of Pukani dry rock and 15 lbs of aragonite. I thought my rockscape was really cool, and then I put the sand in. Before and after...

Very cool rockscape!

Back
Top Bottom