Hair algae here we go again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a 15 gallon nano reef. I have battled Hair algae in the past and have recently had it come back. I do a 25% water change weekly and use purigen. I got rid of it before with that. What else can I do?

Help how to make a thead

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with your post but I cannot figure out how in the word to start a thread. I have a problem with my tank and found someone else who had a similar problem but as far as I could see no one was able to help. I tried to respond but it would not let me because the thread was over 100 days old. So I was going to start a new one and hope someone has found an answer. I am losing all my fish to this I need help.

We I could help you how are you parameters looking?

I figured out how to post a thread but if you could help that would be great I lost another two fish. I have a 22 gallon freshwater tank with live plants and the amount of fish are slowly dropping each day. I currently have three balloon mollies, one guppy started with two, two neon tetras started with 5, and an algae eater. I also had a red barb but that one dies as well. here are my results this is two days after the tank had fish add but the third day the tank has been running.

Ammonia .5 mg/l (i know is high which is why i have been changing 20 percent of the water every two days for a week as the pet store recommended)

Nitrite 0 mg/l

Nitrate 0 mg/l

PH 8.4

Alkalinity 189ml/l

Hardness 150mg/l

chlorine and chloramine 0ml/l

I noticed my fishes had ich so I started treatment and the next morning my neon tetras had a crusty white stuff on the side of their bodies. I looked online and that is how i found this forum and I also have a fish disease chart and looking at that the only thing that it seemed close to was a fungus the only problem is it is not fuzzy or stringy. Another post on here talked about a similar thing with there fish and treated for fungus but it did not help and that was the end of the posts. I went back to the pet store and they were not sure the problem but thought maybe it is a bacteria infection so i bought stuff to treat it but i am not sure if I can treat both the ich and bacteria at the same time because the directions for the ich medication is to not uses other medications at the same time but if you uses the same brand then it would be alright the problem is the stores around here do not care the stuff i need of that brand. The pet store people said to finish the ich treatment and then do the bacteria treatment I just hope all my fish are not going to be dead by then. Should I follow their advice? I did read that you need to treat bacterial infections right away if that is even what it is.

Back
Top Bottom