Heater questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben300

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424052636.720880.jpg
Can I put my heater in the back attached filter or will it affect my temperature in the main tank as in making it colder I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in this?

30 gallon reef
40 gallon pleco

It shouldn't. Many of us use sumps to store the equipment for our tanks, to include out heaters. The heater for my tank is about a foot under my display without any temp difference. Many others are much further away, sometimes on different floors of the house. Without knowing much about your cube, I couldn't say if I would do such a thing with my heater or not.

It shouldn't. Many of us use sumps to store the equipment for our tanks, to include out heaters. The heater for my tank is about a foot under my display without any temp difference. Many others are much further away, sometimes on different floors of the house. Without knowing much about your cube, I couldn't say if I would do such a thing with my heater or not.

I just want to clean up my main tank to make it look nicer and wanted some ones else's opinion on it so thank you very much I think am going to try it and wantch the temp in he main tank

30 gallon reef
40 gallon pleco

I have the jbj 30rl. Looks same as mine, I have my heater in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the jbj 30rl. Looks same as mine, I have my heater in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you I'll try it and see how it goes

30 gallon reef
40 gallon pleco

Back
Top Bottom