help choosing a nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can say the same, lol, I had the infamous craigs list special BioCube and the sucka leaked after I put all the rock in. It was fine with water so a warantee is a nice thing, peace of mind.

dam i know what your talking about i never have bought a big purchase form e-bay/craigs because of horror story's like that .....how much is the 14g they usually have (carey)

I think it was 99.95. I remember it cause I was gonna just get a new tank but they had no 29g ones. Not sure if they are gonna get anymore in since it's in the clearance section. But if they sell them someone else does too I'd bet.

I would still keep an eagle on on craigslist and on ebay. When you use ebay sort the results by nearest to your location, saves alot of time.

Let us know what you do! I love new tanks!

ok wellllllll i went tank shopping and talked to my lfs today he has an 29 cube oceanic for 300 but only two 36 w lights ......

then theres that 24 nano cube for 219 wich also has 2x36 lights ....

now my question would be would i be able to grow all the soft corals......are better yet what would i be able to grow going this route

then i went to petsmart and saw a 40 g cube with stand for 250 (wich i liked a lot lol) now i know i would have to get everything separate but maybe this would be better cause i would be able to purchase my own light ????

what do you guys think

You can get the 29g biocube for 249 online so you could save $50 right there. I have the stock lights but I don't intend to keep any sps or anenomes. :)
I will probably stick to zooa's and leathers...

ya i think i made up my mind with that 40g cube i really like the layout...my lfs has a 90 cube so i think ill go that route.....

thanks for all your advise carey i greatly appreciate it......

do you have any good sites for me to read up on sw reefs and coral ??

I'd say you can search this site for pretty much ANYTHING you want to know. And if you don't find the answer, just post a thread. :-D

As far as livestock i would for sure check liveaquaria.com as they have good solid information. Reefcleaners. com is you best bet for cheap base rock, 50lbs for $90 bucks I think shipped, and they have great clean up crews.

well i was talking to my lfs guy ...i was telling him how much i like the cube/square tank and he said he can have them made so i wanted a 20x20x20 wich will be around 32 g pre-drilled for around 150 ......

so im thinking about that with this lighthttp://www.fishneedit.com/150w-mhl-with-2-x-2bulbs-2ft-f150222.html
i think that would put me in about 5 wpg

what do you guys think so far :)

i have no idea what else i need like a sump or not ??? fill me in people lol

Sump is recommended but not needed. None of my tanks have one. But I am planning on getting one once I find a good deal

so i have been putting my whish list together lol and i have been looking at some protein skimmers and i hear you want at least double the intake of your tank ??

so say i get this 34 g would getting a 100 gallon skimmer be overkill ??
this is the one i was looking Home » Saltwater Aquarium Supplies » Protein Skimmers » Reef Octopus 4 (100 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate
Reef Octopus 4 (100 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate
Read 29 reviews Write A Review In Stock: Order by 6PM EST for same-day shipping (M-F) Item #:CV5111 Size:Quantity:$169.99
Product DescriptionCustomer ReviewsAccessories & Similar Items
Reef Octopus 4 (100 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate Information

Reef Octopus Pinwheel Skimmer
Reef Octopus® 4" Pinwheel Skimmer
Dimensions: 10" x 6.75" x 19.75"
Rated up to 100 gallons.