help jbj nanocube filter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yeloyoshi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i got everything set up and i finally put the fish(clownfish) in but he gets sucked into the filter... he is less than 1inch long and when i got home from school he was stuck on the filter... does anyone know what i can do to solve tihs problem... i think he is getting very weak... please help before my fish dies..

tia...

Hi, WELCOME TO AA!! :D :D :D Normally, a fish should not get stuck in the filter intake. It is not like the filter has a ot of current to it. This would lead me to believe that something is wrong with the fish. I am assuming you cycled the tank before putting it in. Was it ever acting normally? Swimming right and eating? If you get a chance, post a pic of your nano and the clown. Let us know how things go...Lando

well i think every fish in my tank has seen the overflow from the inside once. when i got the 3 chromis one of them go in the over flow and same with the clowns. they were small and did not know what it was. but after they see/do get in there they know that it is not a fun place. my clown made it in to the u tube and in to the part that leads to the wet/dry.

my fish was acting normal and swimming around all over the place and i went to school and came home and he was just chilling along the side of the filter... right now i put a fence around the filter so he doesn't get stuck again... i have a feeling that the current is too strong from the pump and it keeps getting drifted towards that way... anything i can do to make it not so strong???

tia

Is he getting stuck in the top filter grate or the bottom?...Try closing off the top one for a while and see what happens.

he is getting stuck on the top filter... and right now he is only swimming towards the corner of the tank... is that normal?? he just swims up and down along the corner of the fish tank...

Back
Top Bottom