help with a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankneebie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on getting a red scooter blenny in my 12 gallon nano cube. I have been told they need to be hand fed. Will it survive in my tank? ANd what does it eat? Can it eat pellets?

not hand fed, i said this in your other thread so ill let you know again. their primary food source is copepods which they "scoot" around eating constantly. i'm doubting it will survive for long unless you supplement copepods(which would be expensive) or you train it to eat frozen or even pellets, but the odds are stacked against you as they may not take it.

here's the liveaquaria page for him
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Red Scooter Dragonet

believe me, i did my research and considered supplementing pods and trying to train both a scooter blenny and a mandarin, its just not worth the money until you have a larger tank for them to just feast on pods while you attempt to train it

Yes, something with less difficulty will be much better. Pistol shrimp and goby pairs can make for a really interesting nano.

sounds okay, i heard they get decent sized and are jumpers. couldn't tell you from experience though

i have diamond goby/orange spotted goby...yes they are a good jumper....3x jumped out from my tank which i made lid for my tank...but it is only at the beginning after u intro them to your tank...after they found place to sifts sand (which mine under the LR) they would never jump out again...they love to hide under LR...its from my experience....

Back
Top Bottom