Hey guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiiDsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my tank has been running for 8 days now I have 2 beautiful percula clowns a six line wrasse, a cleaner shrimp, two hermit crabs and 2 turbo snails I have done a water change yet. I have a 19g biocube with the back modded with a DIY media basket with top shelf LR middle purgien and bottom chemi pure . I have a protein skimmer and a uv sterilizer. I had the mj1200 powerhead but I felt it was way to much flow so I took it out and replaced with a fluval circulation pump is that ok and also should I do a water change already? All my fish are actively swimming and eating very well my clowns have def paired up as well.

Did you cycle the tank? I'd be careful if you didn't there is a chance you might lose all your fish and inverts

Yeah that's what I heard but my levels are perfect n everything is going great but I'm just worried about the circulation pump n weather or not I should a water change or wait another week

Yeah that's what I heard but my levels are perfect n everything is going great but I'm just worried about the circulation pump n weather or not I should a water change or wait another week

I'm working with 4 experts n I been a hobbiest in sw for about 3 yrs but my first personal tank

I thought the same thing and ended up killing my fish the levels can look fine for like 2 weeks then u get a spike in nitrites and it killed everything

I would do a water change, can never hurt. Also pay very close attention to your water parameters, it ammonia will spike very quickly and then nitrites and can be fatal to your livestock.

It had already spiked and then drop and have been steady go the past four daybinjust don't knowing i should do the water change or wait another week

Back
Top Bottom