holiday sale at LFS, questions about livestock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As many of you know(since im spamming this forum with threads lol just cause i have many questions though) I have a 14 gallon biocube that has been set up since dec. 9th and started with fully cured rock. I plan on purchasing my first fish on dec 29th so thats basically three weeks that my tank has cycled and so far all my levels are good. the livestock I have now are:

3- blue hermits
2- red hermits
2- nerite snails
1- feather duster
1- colony of button plyps

I wanted to get a few of these soon due to my lfs having a sale, I was wondering if they will all coexist peacefully and if my bioload can handle it(i will buy them over time not all at once)

2 more blue hermits total of- 5
2 red hermits
2 more nerites total of- 4
3 naissurs snails
3 periwinkle
1-2 pom pom crabs
pistol shrimp and watchman goby
1 clown fish
1-2 banggai kardinal fish
Many assorted low-light corals

Also i have an 1 1/2 live sand bed and 15 lbs of live rock. Can my tank support all this? and will they all get along? thanks

Unfortunately I think that's just too much bioload for a 14g tank. Also, having that large of a clean up crew in such a small tank isn't good because there won't be enough "gunk" to keep them fed.

alright thankss. what if i just pick up like 6 more snails and no hermits and 1 pom pom crab. is that good for the cuc?

if i get the watchman, i want the shrimp as well so do i need to sub it in for a fish? or can i get those three fish and the pistol shrimp

for me personally the three + the shrimp is okay, as long as you keep up on water changes and watch your levels

okay great and yes i do keep up, i use a 2.3 gallon premixed jug from lfs every two weeks for a water change and i check my levels every 3 days. cant wait to add my first "real" inhabitant :). any order in which i should add them if i got the watchman + shrimp, 1 kardinal and one clown?

as long as you add the shrimp and goby together would be my only concern, but slowly is the only other guideline i'd give you, there shouldnt be much aggression between the fish

do you plan on having any anemones in the tank? staghorns are very difficult because of there staghorn shell if they fall on there sides it will be very unlikely that they will be able to get back up and there shell is actually sort of like a filter feeder so if it falls and you don't put it back up and there is corals near by then it will get stung then die. so very difficult but if you keep a very close eye on them then you might be able to house one. Although they eat algae and such so they might run out and you might have to feed it or its shell plankton or dried seaweed. dried seaweed is usaly easier

i dont plan on any anemones because ive been told they will not survive under my stock lighting. as for it flipping over, im willing to take that risk. besides that though are they hard to care for? if seaweed is provided will they live awhile? they are very expensive but look cool. keep in mind my tank is only a 14 gallon biocube. thank youu

You have a 14 gal tank and you want to triple your bioload because the lfs is having a sale. Slow down a little. I know empty tanks are boring. But some times you just have to watch the coral grow. Peace dude.

no i know, i was just getting ideas on what too add. i wound up only getting a mushroom frag and a troch frag

Back
Top Bottom