How to keep Anemone alive without a chiller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anemones do need very high lite to do well. I would say probably 5-7 watts per gallon. Some more some less but in that range in general. Watts per gallon aside they also like high intensity that you get from either MH or T5's.

I have a 12 gallon nano so i know what challenges you face with your water parameters. It is my opinion that it would be nearly impossible even with weekly water changes to keep your levels stable enough to keep an anemone. It might be fine for a while but if a fish died (ammonia) or there was a real hot day i think the spike it would cause in just a day or two because its such a small water volume would be enough to really stress out your anemone.

I know you have been keeping your tank for a while and everyone seems happy. But i just want to point out that your blue tang will get up to 1' when it grows up. Its recommended for a 70gal tank minimum because aside from their size tangs really like a good long tank to stretch their fins and swim around. He will grow up fast so i would look at finding him a good home somewhere that he can be happy. Not trying to come off as harsh or anything just letting you know.

Back
Top Bottom