I think our corals are dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missking

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Our corals seemed to have been doing great until just now I noticed our hammer coral was all shriveled up and part of it looks really damaged. The hammer looking tenticle things are all brown in the damaged spot and there is a whitish clearish stuff coming off that same spot. We also have a frogspawn coral which seems ok, but our candy cane coral is also shriveled up and looks like something might be wrong with it as well. I will post pictures, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ForumRunner_20130417_201714.jpg

This is the hammer, best picture I could get right now.

ForumRunner_20130417_201836.jpg

This is our candy cane

ForumRunner_20130417_201931.jpg

This is our frogspawn, which seems to be ok, just calming down for the night. Usually (including earlier today) our corals are very big and open and look healthy. I don't know where this came from.

Looking at it now, it almost looks like red ish goo coming from the hammer. Here's another picture I just took.

ForumRunner_20130417_202255.jpg

I answered your other post, but you'll need to post parameters and how long you had this coral. Also, how long has it been in that spot. Nothing is dead yet.

What has changed in this tank recently?
When was your last water change?

Nothing has changed recently we just added ions for reefs (2ml), and purple up(1ml) today. He has been in that spot for a couple weeks. The last water change was last weekend, and my boyfriend did one just now. That other post was my boyfriend, and he posted the parameters, he knows better than I do. Lol hope I gave you enough information

Stop adding that stuff. Everything you need is in your salt mix and you should never add anything you aren't sure you need. More is not better in this hobby. water changes are your friend.

Back
Top Bottom