Innovative marine 16 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aeharkins9092

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys need some advice, just switched from my 14 gallon bio cube to a 16 gallon innovative marine tank and wanted some advice on a " Heater, skimmer, and Ato" I'm running my chiller right now and losing about a gallon every two days. I have a clown and a yellow tail damsel and some candy cane coral.

image-1892791168.jpg

Your budget might be a factor as far as what pieces you end up getting. I have the Tunze Osmolator (199.99) which is at the top end of the price range when it comes to ATO's but it's been worth the investment for me. Tunze Osmolator Nano which runs for $99.99 but you lose some of the bells and whistles like the audible alarm and the lazer eye. If you are looking for something a little cheaper, there are various DIY posts on how to put one together if your handy like that.

For heaters, I have tried a couple different brands but settled on Eheim Jager for their reliability and reputation. Just get the wattage that applies to your tank size and make sure to calibrate it per the instructions. Videos also available on Youtube.

In regards to the skimmer; the consensus is that a skimmer is not a necessity on a tank that small and weekly water changes should be enough to keep a healthy tank. You can run one if you want. Tunze I believe has good nano skimmers that could work for your application.

Long post but I hope it helps. Research, research research, is the key.

I had the same tank. In regards to a skimmer, the only one that'll fit in the back of the tank is the one made by innovative marine. The tunze and the aquaticlife ones are too big. You can only put a skimmer in one of the side chambers. The interior measurements are like 2.75"x2.75". The aquaticlife skimmer is 3"x3". Some ppl have been successful by shaving some of the skimmer off but you'll still have to jam it in there and the silicone glue on the tank isn't that strong.

Back
Top Bottom