Innovative Marine Micro 30 build questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drfu

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new IM Micro 30 AIO tank that is cycling. I plan to move my pair of o clowns & hifin goby/pistol shrimp into it and am thinking of either ore or two more fish.

My clowns stay up top, goby @ the bottom so I'm thinking something mid tank that stays out vs hiding. would like something that is blue, red, purple as i have orange & yellow already. I would also like it to be something that stays out & in the middle. Must be reef safe, non aggressive to my clowns or goby/shrimp. I already have a royal gramma in another tank so i don't want another one.

Does anyone have an opinion on the following fish and how many more?

Blue reef chromis
Tailspot blennie
Firefish
Cardinal bamggai
6 line wrasse

Would they fit in my tank and be happy with everyone else?

I also can't make up my mind on filtration, have a few different thoughts & would like some advise! My reason for being all over the map is two fold, i have never owned a protein skimmer and am thinking of a Tunze 9001 or PLS50 & have never owned a media reactor, have battled with phosphate issues even using RO/DI. So here are all of my ideas:

All to be installed in back chambers, no sump.
1) 2 intank media baskets, ff, then cpe & purigen, fuge with chaeto, light on reverse cycle (own all of it except fuge basket).
2) 2 intank media baskets, ff, then cpe & purigen, internal skimmer (need to buy skimmer, own the rest)
3) 1 intank media basket with ff , then chemi pure & ???, internal skimmer & media reactor w/gfo (need to buy skimmer & media reactor).
4) 1 intank media basket with ff, ? ,?. Internal skimmer & media reactor w/ gfo on bottom, then sponge, then carbon (not sure if it can be done)

Anyways their are a lot of different ways to set up a filtration system, I'm just not sure which way is the best, thanks in advance for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom