Is anyone satisfied with their current tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know We all want bigger, and better stuff, But is there ANYONE out there satisfied with the tank size that they have now???

It seems that there is always this yearning to move up in size. Perhaps because a successful 55 gallon that has been running for 2 years and is not a challenge anymore. Or perhaps we want just that one more fish that we can't keep in our current tank.

Multiple tank syndrome seems to grip us all. And it makes me wonder if anyone is ever really satisfied with their own tanks. Salty folks seem to have it worse than freshy folks. There are so many great fish out there, many get rather large. and All the cool equipment is very fun to purchase and install.

I know I am on a rant and not making much sense, but I really am satisfied with my 37 gallon SW tank. (although I still don't have fish in it :roll: But even still, I stare at that live rock for what seems like hours sometimes :p )
I don't plan on "upgrading" to a bigger tank anytime soon. I plan on keeping this tank around for many, many, many years.

I am curious what everyone else thinks.

thanks!
-Matt

Hi Matt! I am glad to say i'm very content and happy with my little 10 gallon "Chinese pagoda tank". All the fish get along very well, and are vibrant and healthy. My plants are thriving. The black sand shows all the fishes colors off like nothing else. The pagodas match the colors of my fish and everything looks so good. I wouldn't change anything about it- I've worked on it for months, and it's just like I wanted it. :)

I do have a 55 gal that my husband bought for me, but I'm so happy with the little tanks we have now I'm thinking of turning that tank into a little jungle terrarium ith a waterfall, lake, rocky cliffs with moss, live plants, and water dragons or frogs, newts, and salamanders.

flip flop

I have a 90... about 2 months old.

On even-numbered days I want a bigger one, to have more stuff.

On odd-numbered days I think a smaller one would be cool - I could have saved a ton of money with a 20 gal by "only" needing 40 or 50lbs LR and 200 watts worth of light, and maybe spending less than $200 on a skimmer.

Nah, now that I think of it - I'm pretty happy with the one I have.

:)

Good post!

I agree, it seems like we always want to increase the size, or get that one more fish! I've only been in the "business" for about 3 months, and I'm not gonna lie, I would like to upgrade from my 12g Nanocube. But I want to make sure I have learned enough before I make the plunge - patience, it's so hard to abide by!

-Matt

Nope. I went to Petco yesterday and looked at a $500 set up with a 46-gal bow front and a stainless steel cabinet (both of the TopFin brand) and I may end up getting one of them to go along with the 110-gal tank I will have in a few more days.

I'm happy with my tank but if I could do it over I'd probably opt for a nano reef instead. Big tanks are nice but not really my kinda thing.

I have only been in the hobby about 8 months but im pretty happy with my 125 s.w tank I just got a pretty big one to start with that way i would not want to up grade so quickly.... But im all ready going to start a 20 gall reef this weekend... So no one is ever really satisfied

i started with a 10 gal, now has seahorses, 15 gal is now a quarantine, got my 65 gal for a community tank and now i want bigger, for aggressive fish. If i get the tank i want will i be satisfied? I severely doubt it.

YES and NO.

Currently running;
- 3/4 gal pico reef,
- 2 gal gold fish hex tank on my desk at work
- 15 gal QT and growout tank (just snails and plants)
-35 gal TruVu swim-thru (8 Tiger Barbs, 3 Peppered Corys and a Dojo Loach)

I did outgrow my tanks and am working on a Reef tank.
In the Works;
-175 gal bowfront reef-ready
- 33 gal sump/refugium
- 5 gal QT
- 5 gal Hospital Tank

I hope it stops there... For a little while :oops:

Yes. No. I mean I really would like to go from my 10 month old 75g to a 125g. I mean a 210g. But not really. I mean sure I would. I probably will. But it would get more expensive, so maybe not.

I'm so confused!

Ok, but if I can buy another house, I can build one in the wall. Well, maybe 2. Then again.... :?

I have a 125 reef for 2 years and love it big enough reef tank for me. I wanted a eel and puffer so I set up a 55 fowlr a year ago. The Eel and puffer are going to out grow the 55 in the next year so I will be upgrading that tank to a 90 or 120 tall not sure yet, depends on if I can get a good deal on the 120.

Back
Top Bottom