Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup it is. I tryed moving the goni down on the sand it was happy till mr bulldozer decided to start pileing sand all over it. It seems to be okay out and extended and I think the clown has realized if its more gentle it won't close up on it. It is really cool to watch her nuzzle it. It reminds me of when I was a kid and played in the balls at chuckie cheeses. Man I love playing in those things. Lol

Haha cool. Yeah my clowns love my elegance coral. Seems to tolerate them well. They been in it for about 8 months or so.

Attachments

• image-2903402087.jpg
    image-2903402087.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 169
I thought about one of those but I guess it's to late now. Time will only tell how the goni will make out. :)

Well been a while since I've updated. Not much going on. The nem decided to move so I had to move the gonipora somewhere else. It's not fairing as good as I would like but like I had read before I got it they don't always do to great in aquariums. The clown has now taken to the Xenia. I need to figure out a way to take that nem out. I tryed one day and that buggar has got a firm hold where it is, any ideas or tips and tricks would be appreciated.

On a good note my patience has been rewarded. I went I the LFS, which its been quite a while now, and low and behold they had a cherub angel. I am acclimating as we speak. It is a wee little guy and I hope it makes out okay in the tank but it does look quite like a feisty little bugger so it should be able to hold its own. I will post some pics later for all to see. Any ideas for a sushi themed name for it? :)

Oh and a year later I have macro algae growing! Go figure. I can't remember the name right now but it will come to me.

Well the little guy survived the night. Good sign so far. I did put together a little shelter for him to hide in as he is the new kid on the block and the others don't play nice in the sandbox if ya know what I mean. I managed to get a pic but he ain't making it easy. Evertime I approach the tank it cowers. Looked a bit beat up and skinny from its travels but with some good food he should grow up strong. :)

Attachments

• image-1176526005.jpg
    image-1176526005.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 157
Well the little guy survived the night. Good sign so far. I did put together a little shelter for him to hide in as he is the new kid on the block and the others don't play nice in the sandbox if ya know what I mean. I managed to get a pic but he ain't making it easy. Evertime I approach the tank it cowers. Looked a bit beat up and skinny from its travels but with some good food he should grow up strong. :)

Great addition! Glad you were patient & got the fish you wanted. Congratulations.

Thanks keithhjs. :) I happy to say it is doing alot better now. Still not completely out of the woods yet but it is growing stronger and seems to be happier every day. I am able to get closer now without it running away. I think it's realizing I give it food. The clowns are still a bit nasty to it but the gamma is starting to lighten up towards it. The little shelter has helped alot. I'm glad I had the patience to wait for the little guy now I just need to come up with a sushi themed name.

Here are some pics. Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• image-793701003.jpg
    image-793701003.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2581893358.jpg
    image-2581893358.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 124
The little angel keeps getting stronger by the day. :) here is a pic of the Zoa garden from the top. I was doing a water change and felt a pic was in order.

Attachments

• image-4019018656.jpg
    image-4019018656.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 197
Well bad news today. The little guy didn't make it. Good news clean up crew works! Lol I think the pistol may have taken the opportunity overnight to pounce while it was sleeping. It didn't seem to be in decline as it was holding its own against the bullies of the tanks (clowns). Back to being patient I guess. Hopefully next time I will be able to find one a wee bit bigger then this one was. Sad day indeed. :(

Well bad news today. The little guy didn't make it. Good news clean up crew works! Lol I think the pistol may have taken the opportunity overnight to pounce while it was sleeping. It didn't seem to be in decline as it was holding its own against the bullies of the tanks (clowns). Back to being patient I guess. Hopefully next time I will be able to find one a wee bit bigger then this one was. Sad day indeed. :(

So sorry to hear. Im sure your continued patience will pay off. :)

Quick update. The condy finally moved onto the removable rock I put beside it so needless to say it is now out of the tank! Woo-hoo...... The buggar would move everyone in a while and sting all my corals so I am glad to have it out of the tank. No more nems for me. :)

Thanks. That nem was encroaching on the Zoa garden so I'm glad it's gone. Seems the orange ones are growing the best. Gotta get some more green ones I think. :)

Update. Nothing much new going on. The clowns have managed to kill two corals now with their hosting and the male has now moved into my Zoa garden. Arg silly clowns.

Attachments

• image-2215552917.jpg
    image-2215552917.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom