Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystal A

Aquarium Advice Addict
M just curious as to how long I should wait before adding fish to my tank. It's been up and running for about 40days and has cycled and gone threw one algae bloom. All parameters are good and the CUC is doing well. I've heard that a second bloom will happen, is this true?

Attachments

• image-2301089277.jpg
    image-2301089277.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 539
Hi i like the arrangement of your rocks, i have the same tank, its cycling now for 4 weeks, can u tell me if its cycled already heres the test

image-1607484880.jpg

Last week the nitrite was sky high, i didnt have any algae bloom cuz i have the lights off during cycle to prevent algae.

Same tank, cycled in 30 days, added my first fish at 50days. Did a six line wrasse and he is doing great. Getting ready to add another in 6 days. I would say you are good to go.

Good luck and keep us posted!

no it looks like you still have ammonia, and i would suggest you make your own thread next time. its not very polite to hijack threads

I agree it's not cycled yet. I kept thinking my crabs were dying but then realized they were shedding their skins! Had no idea why one would die and I still had the same amount in the tank! Thanks for the comment I am quite happy with the rocks I managed to find. I will post some more pics from the side. :) j have always had FW and I am extremely happy to have gone SW. I also love this little cube so much less maintenance then my 55g FW. The only bad part is time and patience (which I have none of). Will keep posting pics as things progress.

I've got
3-blue hermits
3-red hermits
1-emerald crab
1-turbo snail
2-nassarius snails
1-astera snails
I am currently dripping two baby clowns. Got them today from the LFS at $14.99 ea. they are also tank raised. Will post a pic pence I get them in the tank. Hope they do okay, cute little buggars.

Haven't even thought that far yet! Im giving my tank plenty of time before I start adding coral, I've seen how easily they can die and get sick. I want to make sure I know what I really want first. All I know is I'm glad I came over to the salty side it's a heck of alot more interesting. ;)

Yup salty is better lol, i just came back from this hobby, started wit 6g nanocube but failed, but hopefully this time ill be successful.

Well the little guys are in. Seem happy so far, glad I started with babys so I can watch them grow. :)

Attachments

• image-2515537189.jpg
    image-2515537189.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 452
  • image-208945393.jpg
    image-208945393.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 451
I did my first hand feed today. Exciting. :) next time I will do raw shrimp. Man I love those nassarius snails they have to be some of the nearest creatures I have in my tank. :p

Attachments

• image-2398739593.jpg
    image-2398739593.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 379
So after I added the clowns I saw a spike in the amonnia. All is back to normall now, I am assuming this is a normal thing when you add livestock and that's why it should be done in small doses. Correct?

Correct, as the new fish produce more waste ammonia rises and you do it in small doses to let your bacteria catch up.

Tank looks great by the way! Look forward to watching it grow!

Back
Top Bottom