JBJ 28g Pro or Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deadbolt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I am looking for some advice. I want to set up a tank and be able to house any coral. I can not decide what to do get the JBJ 28g Pro 89w LED setup or get the standard Biocube 29 and gut it - redo lighting and filtration. Or possibly the 29g BioCube HQI? I can't decide! Help me!! Thanks!:huh::fish2:

I've got the 28 jbj hqi and I love it. The only downside to metal halide lights is they warm the water. I solved this issue with a couple of 59 cent clamps to keep my good open slightly and allow heat to escape. Other then that no complaints I can keep any coral I want and I have enough room to house 4-5 nano fish. Also I turned the back middle chamber into a mini refugium which is great. :)

Attachments

• image-2162957717.jpg
    image-2162957717.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 237
I have the hqi 28 nano and I have no complaints other than the electric bill to run them as we'll as my chiller.im going with led's for the simple reason of NOT having to change out bulbs as well as my electric bill being high...to each there own that's my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 145
Thumbs up on the led and not only do they use almost no power they give off a shimmer effect in the water most other bulb types don't seem to do

Thank you for the responses. So you guys would lean toward the JBJ Pro?

Thank you that link is great. I just love the JBJ because of the 89w LEDs and the filtration seems to be better than the biocube (without modifications).

That I annoy argue with. Both lighting and filtration are a tad better but I like mods. May not make sense but I like to take something that isn't suppose to house any kind of coral it have that much flow and turn it into a "pimp my cube" lol.

I have a BC29 as well and I love it. So versatile and moddable. So much community support too.

Back
Top Bottom