Just an update ... Pics of by bc29 born on june 2-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lennonlh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here's an update on the tank

Attachments

• image-698539022.jpg
    image-698539022.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1235082877.jpg
    image-1235082877.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-492903782.jpg
    image-492903782.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 123
List of upgrades
Intank media basket
Floss / chemi pure / purigen
Mj1200 return pump
Hydor rotating head
Biocube nano power head

Stock lighting for now

Once a week pwc with nutri sea water
Hammer / frogspawn hybrid ( if there is such a thing,
Xenia
2 toadstools
Zoas
Red shrooms
And a couple unidentified
A bta that I need to get more lighting for.

lennonlh said:
Yes lighting upgrade is a must..... Still pondering options due to budget

Well... What's your budget like? And do you wanna be able to keep the stock hood?

Reason I ask about the hood is, you can go with a T5 fixture but then no stock hood. Or a DIY retro LED kit FOR the stock hood. Or you can do the AI SOL and cut the top of the hood.

Just some options.

Last edited:
Want to keep the hood so on the high end of my budget would be rapid or Steve's LEDs.

Next level would be stunner strips or current USA strips. 3 max for now, then transformer, & accessories.

On another note do u know if the new AI Vega can be installed in the hood? They are so new I can't find any info. That of course is out of my ballpark right now but one can dream.

lennonlh said:
Want to keep the hood so on the high end of my budget would be rapid or Steve's LEDs.

Next level would be stunner strips or current USA strips. 3 max for now, then transformer, & accessories.

On another note do u know if the new AI Vega can be installed in the hood? They are so new I can't find any info. That of course is out of my ballpark right now but one can dream.

Those are all good ideas. Here's a thought. The Vega I don't think is out yet, pre order only I believe. Not sure if you've seen my tank but I installed the AI SOL BLUE LED fixture right into the stock hood and was able to use the stock splash guard. It worked out just fine! Great actually! IMO. I just gutted the entire hood and used a dremel tool to make the opening.

Then I just used black silicon to seal around the light.

image-1412728448.jpg

image-3549248045.jpg

image-3753731193.jpg

I love the light and personally wouldn't have a problem opening the hood for the heatsink. Plus the controller is sweet. (I have followed yours and 22 engines light mods)

Unfortunately the wife has an issue with the exposed heatsink. And for the moment I'll try to accommodate.

So as unaltered as possible is my goal.

lennonlh said:
I love the light and personally wouldn't have a problem opening the hood for the heatsink. Plus the controller is sweet. (I have followed yours and 22 engines light mods)

Unfortunately the wife has an issue with the exposed heatsink. And for the moment I'll try to accommodate.

So as unaltered as possible is my goal.

I hear ya and fully understand, my wife didn't want the hood to be gone she liked the sleekness of the tank and since it's in our bedroom I had to do what I had to do.

She only agreed on the mod after seeing the light at the LFS actually being used on a small tank. She loved the colors and was asking if our tank could look like that. I said yeah! With that light. It I'd have to cut the hood.

Back
Top Bottom