Just started what steps should I take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonynose188 said:
Ok in my house I can't get my water below 81.1 is that a problem?

It won't be an issue IMO. But you can try keeping the rear door open or the lid open a little. Also are you running a heater/skimmer/power heads?

The skimmer will cause heat, the return pump also. Power heads will create heat as well. And then there's you stock lights, the power compacts. They all add to the heat issue.

This were all factors as to why I upgraded to LED's and switched over to the MP10, the MP10 dry side is where the motor is, the wet side it just the propeller.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
It won't be an issue IMO. But you can try keeping the rear door open or the lid open a little. Also are you running a heater/skimmer/power heads?

The skimmer will cause heat, the return pump also. Power heads will create heat as well. And then there's you stock lights, the power compacts. They all add to the heat issue.

This were all factors as to why I upgraded to LED's and switched over to the MP10, the MP10 dry side is where the motor is, the wet side it just the propeller.

Heater and in the JBJ 2 return pumps no skimmer and I got the one that has the LED canopy.

Well I have disconnected the heater (even tho it wasn't) an since I have 2 pumps I am only using one for the day see what happens I am goin to buy small computer fans to install over tank to blow air on water see what happens. This morning I woke up tank was at 82

Horvy19 said:
So take shrimp out and Change how much water? 3 or 4 gals?

Do a 5 gallon water change, you could do less if its easier, I do 5 gallons because I have the water made for me in 5 gallon buckets so I use the whole thing, so whatever works for do and then put the the shrimp back in. You ammonia that's good, then you'll see other levels spike like nitrites and nitrAtes. However I NEVER saw nitrites in any of my cycles.

When do you clean and/or get new filter components? After your water cycles?

Tonynose188 said:

Depends on what it is. Filter floss I change every few days. The purigen about once a month and chemi pure about every three months.

Tonynose188 said:

I would wait a couple weeks after adding fish to change the filter pads you will have some nice BB growth then

Pufferlove said:
I would wait a couple weeks after adding fish to change the filter pads you will have some nice BB growth then

So the filter pads you can't just rise with some ro water and put back and the chemi pure throw away after 2-3 months?

Tonynose188 said:
So the filter pads you can't just rise with some ro water and put back and the chemi pure throw away after 2-3 months?

It depends on the filter pad if it's an aquaclear filter you just wash the mechanical and replace the other stuff

Pufferlove said:
It depends on the filter pad if it's an aquaclear filter you just wash the mechanical and replace the other stuff

The sponge material I can wash and in a couple months replace the carbon etc

Back
Top Bottom