Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaflowerkitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I have jbj 12gallon nano reef. After 18 months, I felt I needed to replace the pc bulbs for the health of my tank. I have frogspawn, a torch coral, some gsp, colt coral and some zoanthids; as well as a barnacle blenny and a cleaner shrimp and various snails and crabs. I would like to get into led lighting, but I am of limited funds. I have removed the lid the the cube because I like the open look. After looking online, I am thoroughly confused on what to get. I am keen on growing coral and maintaining coral health. Suggestions. I have an ecoxotic stunner strip, which I since discovered is not adequate for coral growth, and now I am in a bind as what to do. I would like to keep the hood off this aquarium but if I have to put it back on I will. Suggestions? Thank you for your input in advance.

You can check out the Current USA pro or tru lumen led strips. I have 4 on my BC 29 and they work well. I don't run them full throttle and they are still too bright for my shrooms. I have 1 actinic 2 marine fusion and 1 diamond white.

My buddy runs ecoxotics on the same tank. He has one panorama pro white/blue and 2 magenta/blue stunners and its perfect. Everything is growing nicely. Even his rock anemones are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom