Lighting Advice for 30gal Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inakipl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,

How are you?

I have an awesome 30 gal salt water reef tank I just built 2 weeks ago. The tank is higher than your normal 30 gal tank (21" high x 20" wide). I am using an Aquatic Life light with 2 bulbs (1 white, 1 rosy color) that I had for my fresh water tank. I wanted to know if this was enough light and what I can do if I need to upgrade that is the cheapest but will get me results. I want to still use this fixture so I don't have to buy more things. I have a nice neon green polyp coral that is not coming out completely, a nice grape coral which is fine, and some frog spawn at the very top beneath the lamp.

Do I need to change the bulbs to different ones with more watts?

Should I buy a LED fixture and which one would you recommend that is not too expensive? I like the nighttime moon light option with LEDs.

Thanks.

You can't change out the lamps for stronger ones without changing everything else. Your fixture isn't strong enough for a reef anyway IMO.
What do you call "not too expensive"?

You can't change out the lamps for stronger ones without changing everything else. Your fixture isn't strong enough for a reef anyway IMO.
What do you call "not too expensive"?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom