Lighting thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzma42

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Salutations,
First post woohooo *wave*
Any whoo, my other half and I have a dilemma of what lighting to put on the pico 3gal.
The Pico has:
the filter it came with (basic carbon +filter pad)
Aquaclear 50 set up as a refugium (we want to utilize the lighting the tank came with for this)
3lbs or more of live rock
We want to put hard coral frags in the tank but lighting is the question

What do all of you suggest ?

What's your price point? (If you don't mind my asking) I could give you plenty of options, but some are pricey and amazing, others are a bit cheaper but not as good.

Also if you could give me a what type of tank this is, JBJ picotope or otherwise that would help too.

If you can fit it I would put an incandescent fixture with a screw-in compact fluorescent 50/50 bulb (Coralife like makes them in 10 and 20 watts).

If you can fit it I would put an incandescent fixture with a screw-in compact fluorescent 50/50 bulb (Coralife like makes them in 10 and 20 watts).

Unless he had several I don't think he could support SPS (Which is what I thought he meant by hard corals, not sure though) with those

I was thinking LED options

iDream said:
What's your price point? (If you don't mind my asking) I could give you plenty of options, but some are pricey and amazing, others are a bit cheaper but not as good.

Also if you could give me a what type of tank this is, JBJ picotope or otherwise that would help too.

It is a jbj picotope

Okay, I definitely have some options for you. If you'd like to disclose your budget I'll for sure give you some great options for your price point

Back
Top Bottom