Lights for 5.5g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any advice on lights for a 5.5 gallon. Im looking to keep softies and LPS, but if the price of lights doesnt raise too much I would be fine buying a light that could work for SPS as well. Idk whats best for such a small tank.

Thats what I was looking into. How high above the water level do you have those currently? And did you buy the lamp for it too or just the bulb?

I just bought the bulb and got a desk lamp that had an extendable adjustable arm. I kept the light at an angle maybe 8 inches from the water or so. I also tried the metal clamp lights that you use in the workshop, looked pretty ghetto but did the job. LOL

I don't know if you thought about it but fishneedit has a 70w MH that would work. There is a heat issue with MH lights but a little fan clipped on the back takes care of that.

joy13 said:
I don't know if you thought about it but fishneedit has a 70w MH that would work. There is a heat issue with MH lights but a little fan clipped on the back takes care of that.

That's way too much for a 5.5g. It'll bleach the coral in the tank unless it's 1 1/2 feet above the tank

Back
Top Bottom