Micro Bubbles and Algae Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

22engine

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a biocube 29 and everything is going good and all tank inhabitants seem happy and are growing. On to my issue. I have what looks like small grains of sand but after a couple weeks of watching they seem to be micro bubbles. Any thoughts on how to get ride of them or what could be causing them? also on the Algae I have the AL sol and if I turn just the whites on then my rocks are covered in a bright green and looks more of a brighter yellow brown when all three colors are on. Blues and whites. Any help I appreciate

Haha I had this same problem. With the micro bubbles after time have just disappeared for me. Now your rocks will soon turn a light green and, soon a purplish pink color. This is a very good sine it is Caroline algae! It tells you that your water pristine.

Mario424 said:
Haha I had this same problem. With the micro bubbles after time have just disappeared for me. Now your rocks will soon turn a light green and, soon a purplish pink color. This is a very good sine it is Caroline algae! It tells you that your water pristine.

Nice to hear. I appreciate it. Hope it does go away cause its driving me nuts. The fish don't seem to care but visually I hate it lol. Little OCD in me

If you really don't like it you can just take your rocks out and scrub them with a toothbrush.

Actually now that I think of it the bubbles might be copepod eggs. They will soon hatch, the good thing Is that it is a food supply for fish. They are very good to have.

That would be nice. I change 4-5 gallons of water a week and they never seem to get better. Hopefully it's eggs or it will just go away like the other member said his did.

Back
Top Bottom