Mini maxi nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riverhawk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Questions..where do they like to be..petco had them on the sand substrate..with low/mild flow(could see some movement on edges....but not moving them enough to bother them..lighting is a beamworks ultra brite reef led.. 6 3w leds(2blue 4white)very brite in this tank(shrooms slowly adapting)sand substrate..thinking left front corner of tank..i understand for a nem they have a very mild sting if any?

image-4284432768.jpg

Nem+ small tank= dead corals. Personal opinion a Nem should never be housed in less than a 20g tank or a 10g tank if there is no coral. Maxi minis have a weak sting compared to other anemones when they sting people. But when they sting corals it is still extremely powerfull

I have to disagree. I have 8 maxi mini carpets in my biocube 29 and it's also loaded with zoas, a few candy canes, a toadstool leather, and random sps. I've never lost a fish not coral to the maxi minis. They are very very Hardy nems and they are doing amazingly in my tank. They have been sitting next to a zoa colony (utter chaos to be exact, not too cheap) and they are still growing with no problems. I love the maxi minis and I plan on getting many more. They don't move too much and they don't have a sting like most nems. Yes there still is one but it isn't a coral killer. Just beware that they have a strong hold and can catch small gobies and such.

And all my nems stay rather low in the tank. On rocks on the sand.

New set up since I moved.

Attachments

• image-3052017801.jpg
    image-3052017801.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3164573727.jpg
    image-3164573727.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 70
I'll have to rethink then..all my frags except my zoa rock and my snowflake polyps are on top layer of rocks..should be safe then..my goby only comes out to eat(burrow is on right side of tank...) my sexy is trying to host my toadstool and the frag aint wild about it;) i love the colors they come in..my bro snagged 2of the from petco.. 1 very similar in color to yours(military green and a beautiful pink)and a green and burnt orange one...waaahh i want one even more now(sob sob);D

image-1725322911.jpg

This is my 8gal nano,i moved everthing over from my 5gal 11/2 weeks ago...i like this set up better than my 5 gal... And the fact that everything is hidden except the evo pump....

I say go for it! They are amazing little nems and I love them. I've never had an issue with mine killing any corals and my tank is very coral heavy.

Attachments

• image-162679530.jpg
    image-162679530.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom