missing in action gobie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a gobie yesterday, as soon as I acclimated him, he found a spot to sand sift and now I cannot see him...my only concern is feeding him...or should I be concerned...I only have a clown and a gobie...maybe I need to sit and watch for him...and what is the best to feed him..... He is so cuite;)

Don't be too concerned yet. Keep an eye on your ammonia level to make sure nothing bad happened, but it's not at all unusual for new fish to spend several days hiding in the rocks as they're getting used to their new surroundings and settling down from the stressful trip and acclimation process.

Not sure what kind of goby you have - but many of the sand sifters eat a mixed diet - mysis shrimp/spectrum pellets/algae - formula 1/2 - hopefully he turns up for you soon. :)

I have a diamond goby, I have looked everywhere for him....is it possible my bubble tip ate him..I know I should not have a bubble tip in my aquarium....I bought him with out research...he is hiding in a cave....

It's amazing how well fish can hide sometimes. Sometimes people tempt the fish out with brine shrimp - although it is not the most nutritious for regular meals. Hope you and the little goby are good friends one day!

SUCCESS, I go home for lunch look at the tank, the sand pile has gotten bigger ...get a closer look and there he is....throwing sand....good thing I have a deep sand bed....I will try and feed him tonight. I have shrimp pellets....not sure how I am going to get them to him though.

You could try turning off all the flow in your tank and using a syringe, squirt some food near his sand pile. Leave that for 30mins or so. He should be able to smell the food and if he wants it, he will have it. :)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom