MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I'm ordering most of my equipment in the morning, dead excited! Then just next payday and I will have life in my tank! Was at my friends yesterday and spotted more critters in his tank, I found a peanut worm and on a dead colony of zoas I'm sure I saw this tiny little oval rock open nobody would believe me. I sat for 2 hours then suddenly the little rock opened and so did the one next to it turns out he's got two baby clams! Jel!

Samess! :) Have you got your order yet? I'm probably getting as impatient as you are right now. Lol. Pay cheque is in. WOO HOO.

I have had my RO unit today! Boy is it slow! Iv got 10 litres in 3 hours!! My water pressure is amazing it hurts if you put it on too high! Will it get any quicker? My extra salt will be arriving tomorrow and hopefully my rock and sand! Then 3 weeks till I get my live rock. Also selling my freshwater tank now :(

Woaah. Major updates! Did you get that RO unit you recommended to me? It is quite slow... I leave it over night so from 9:00pm till 8:00am and it would have done 45 and a bit litres. And yaaay! You'll have sand and rock in soon. Why are you selling your freshwater?

Our 5 year old plec has seriously outgrown the tank and don't have room for a bigger one, so she (Betty) lol is going to go live in my mums brand new 125 FW and then the tank is getting sold to another friend with all the fish etc. My turtles have also gone to live with another friend who's little boy loved them so I gave them as a birthday present and it's only next door so I an see them every day. Quite sad but the dining room in my wee house is getting turned into a bedroom Wich we shall rent out so we just don't have the room for three tanks anymore. :( The RO system is ridiculous the person that recommended it to me said it was good!

So I added my first bucket of salt water today and it was mixed for 28 hours with a powerhead! When I dumped it into the tank i cam see loads of salt on the floor am I doing something wrong!? I'm using instant ocean. My rock and sand didn't turn up today either I'm annoyed! I did attach a little light above my fuge part of the back chamber, I took it off my 4 gal tank and glued a hinge to it so I can turn and tale it off if i want :) works a treat.

image-1101335616.jpg

You can see the salt!

image-323574553.jpg

Crappy moonlight LEDs

image-753181873.jpg

My fuge light

image-2602097653.jpg

With the new light on

Yaay. And we have life! I can't help you with the salt bit, it happened to me too. Just one thing about adding water first like I did. When it came to putting sand in. It was a mess because it didn't settle, I ended up having to take all the water out again, take all the sand out and rinse it really really well (8 times I done it, completely back breaking) and then putting the sand in the tank. And then put the water in, but direct it into a dish.

Just a price of advice. It might not help in all honesty. Lol :)

Yeah that's all the water thats going in until I get my rock I just wanted to free up my bucket for the next load of RO water, how long did your rock from mangroves and more take to arrive? I have had no email back from them. Cheers

If you left the ph in for 28 hours some of the salt may have died up on the cord. When you disturbed it, it could have flaked off. I had that happen to me on a batch that sat for almost 2 weeks. I wouldn't be too concerned especially since you have no livestock in it. In the future, after taking the power head out just use a big spoon to stir it one last time. That should do it.

Iv been stirring and stirring and nothing seems disappearing? Could it be cus the water is cold and I haven't turned the heater on? Also if it doesn't dissolve now and it does in the future will it affect my salinity? Thankyou

Hmmm. Its always best to order on a Wednesday with them. So I ordered on Sunday and it never came till the Friday. And the picture of your cat is sooo adorable!!

Back
Top Bottom