MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mjpendrey said:
5 kilos nano pack from live rock.com they are amazing deliver the day you want and on time!! It was 54 with delivery!! Got loads of life the rock it has lots of Copepods all critters etc Coraline. Did have a giant ball of bubble algae wen I got it though but I chipped that bit of rock away! Iv just found a tiny shell on my rock gave it a tiny tap and it just fell in half looked like there used to be a clam or some sort inside it! The other Hal is still embedded in the rock :)

I was actually going to get some from there, I think 5 kilos would be a bit too much for me. But your rock does look good, and I love the openness you've given it too.

Love the aquascaping. :) Hard to tell from the pic but the green stuff looks like coraline to me. Can't help with the worm though.

Im not too keen on acuascaping I'm gonna take some of the base rock out and then rearrange a little. Yeah I thought it maybe coralline cus there is purple in it too but I isn't know it could be green!

Wow very nice. Almost looks like a mountain with a valley down in the middle, or a little lagoon.

Thanks very much I'm happy with I now. Does anyone know if my readings are ok yesterday my ammonia was reading 4ppm today it's 2ppm is that ok? Though it would take longer??

Oh yeah I know I mean is that what should be happening? Thought it would take longer for the ammonia to start dropping the ammonia went 2ppm 4ppm 2ppm in 3 days?

Does it look like this? Hard to tell from the pic. If so, it is a snail and nothing to worry about.

Yeah kinda looks like that I have two now, but they are pink and I have not seen any stringy stuff. Why they **** does a snail live in a hole I foun a picture and i thought it maybe a peanut worm? What kind of s ail is that?

:) It is really amazing how life just pops up in what you thought was void of all life isn't it. That was one of the coolest things in my opinion. :) Kind of makes you beleive that Momma Nature knows what she is doing huh?

Yikes! My tank is growing green hair algae!! Is this normal my tank is still cycling? Also have these weird looking plants growing everywhere! Cycle should be finished in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom