MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh cool! More life! I'm pretty sure that's one of the many stages a new tank goes through. It will be fine. I have clownfish! :)

It is very normal for a tank to get different types of algae as it gets established you might even have some macro algae starting to show up.

Thanks guys! So update is I have Green hair algae, bubble algae and these weird plants growing around my tank, it seems to be going though except the plants they are hideous need to get rid of them. I have billions of pods, both my peanut worms seemed to have died when the nitrates rocketed! I have this weird stringy things growing its white and it moves around and curls its tentacles and it doubles in size everyday definitely some sort of creature not plant. Just found my first feather duster about ten mins ago! Got very excited as this is what I was waiting for really wanted a few to grow after seeing all the pretty ones my friend had grow. I keep seeing a white blob in this hole and then it's gone sonedays it looks like there is a bubble trapped in the rock. Getting some snails and hermits on Friday so dead excited then my Xmas present from my mum is going to be a pair of clowns can't wait!

Mjpendrey said:
Cycle is finished have now got some hermit crabs and all of a sudden 5 feather dusters popped out the rock lol!

Yay! What fish are you thinking of? That's so cool about the feather dusters!

Going for black and white clowns a clown goby and gonna attempt a mandarin in about a year lol! Im going to get an emerald crab this weekend as I have a small case of bubble algae! Not good, loads of life on the rocks now and all my base rock is looking good also saw some amazing corals in the display tank in my LFS, it's utterly stunning the guy said I could have my first Zoa frag free once iv used all my store credit and got back up to ten points lol. How's yours going?

Oh wow! It's going really well for you. Have you seen the black and white clowns you want or are you going to order them? It's going okay thank you, I just need to add some corals to give it more colour.

So update!! I couldn't get my hands on a emerald crab so I got a clown goby and some more snails and hermits, off to get some clownfish today cant wait!

Mjpendrey said:
Going for black and white clowns a clown goby and gonna attempt a mandarin in about a year lol! Im going to get an emerald crab this weekend as I have a small case of bubble algae! Not good, loads of life on the rocks now and all my base rock is looking good also saw some amazing corals in the display tank in my LFS, it's utterly stunning the guy said I could have my first Zoa frag free once iv used all my store credit and got back up to ten points lol. How's yours going?

Mandarin is a beautiful fish, just got 1 last week. Very active but a pain to get it to eat

Any help guys? My tank is running at 20 for nitrates! I've not had anything die! I'm definitely not over feeding and I'm not using bio balls or anything like that. I make my own water and that seems to e all in check too. Anyone know hat could be causing the nitrates! Getting me down as i was gonna add corals soon! Thanks in advance!!

image-836101780.jpg

Tank

image-263219422.jpg

Anybody know what these white things are growing all over my back wall, they look like feather duster tubes but growing way to fast and they don't seen to have anything in them.

I have those white things all over the back of my tank too. Dunno what they are either. Are they curled like a snail shell? Mine is, nothing is seemed to be hurt by them so far.

I just started getting these within the past three days. I had a TON of baby snails start showing up in the tank as well, but these to me are more like flat drops of white. Looks exactly like your pic.

I just used a magfloat to scrape them off, but to be honest they are super hard to get off, and leave a small "spot" where I can't completely get it off.

Id also be pretty interested too mj as i have these on my back wall too! Tanks looking great by the way.

Back
Top Bottom