More fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlonghorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank specs:
12g
11 pounds of live rock
Aquaclear 20 with filter floss and carbon
200 gph power head
1 beautiful cheek goby (shrimp goby)
1 tiger pistol shrimp

Parameters:
Nitrate never leaves 30 no matter what 3 months+
Nitrites: 0
Specific gravity: 1.024
PH: 8.0

Goby and shrimp have been in tank with 5 (3 astrae 2 large nassarius) snails for five months
I wanted to add either a skunk cleaner or a pair of juvenile clowns to my tank but I am hesitant because I tried to add a pair of clowns about 3 weeks ago and they both died within two days (I floated the bag and added water instead of drip acclimating.) And other than the acclimation process idk what could've killed them and don't want a repeat. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tank specs:
12g
11 pounds of live rock
Aquaclear 20 with filter floss and carbon
200 gph power head
1 beautiful cheek goby (shrimp goby)
1 tiger pistol shrimp

Parameters:
Nitrate never leaves 30 no matter what 3 months+
Nitrites: 0
Specific gravity: 1.024
PH: 8.0

Goby and shrimp have been in tank with 5 (3 astrae 2 large nassarius) snails for five months
I wanted to add either a skunk cleaner or a pair of juvenile clowns to my tank but I am hesitant because I tried to add a pair of clowns about 3 weeks ago and they both died within two days (I floated the bag and added water instead of drip acclimating.) And other than the acclimation process idk what could've killed them and don't want a repeat. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Considering you already can't keep your nitrates under control, adding a pair of clowns is a really bad idea. Not to mention you'd be severely overstocking the tank, if you want to add another fish go with something like a clown goby or small blenny. Something small and fairly inactive, yet will still perch on the rock work and occupy a different region of the tank than your shrimp and goby pair. And be careful with any other shrimp, tiger pistols can kill other shrimp and in this small of a tank the paths will cross eventually.

I personally think that the pistol shrimp killed them. Either that or I am confused.

Definitely weren't killed by a pistol shrimp. If I had to guess it was the nitrate combined with the acclimation process. They were stressed with the move, the poor acclimation, and the poor water quality and it probably was to much for them to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You need to add 7 more lbs of rock to get tank filtration operating like it should.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I personally think that your current occupants plus the pair of clowns is way too much for that size tank. You were ok with the goby and shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom