Mr. rY's JBJ 28g NANO-CUBE CF-QUAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Craigj247 said:
Nice! You should get a watchman goby or a purple fire goby... They would love the cave :)

I want to along with pistol shrimp, but idk if they would get along with my cleaner shrimp

Haha i like how ur fish uses the hole in the rock haha. What kind of rock is that btw, and your hermit its huge!! Where did you get that

Hmmm don't know how species of shrimp would react to each other in a small space... But u guess you could go in for a goby at least.

Ha ha yes I love my blenny he is such a lot of fun :) well the rock and the hermit were both got off the cost of Sri Lanka when I went on vacation... Ah the perks of living near the ocean :) yeah he is pretty big... The rock is doing great as a filtration media as I only have a small hang on back filter with bio beads and filter floss... Going to add another hang on back on the opposite side with filter floss and some activated carbon... Plus I have no substrate in this tank so cleaning is somuch easier and I can get all the lil pieces of dirt out during syphon when I do the weekly water changes.

That's a gorgeous fish... Go for it... Unfortunately the fish that are available to me are quite limited... But I have seen the mandarin in a lot of nanos and seems to be quite a popular fish among small tank owners.

i will! i want a pair if i could get a pair haha, but yea hopefully i could get mandarin thats train to eat frozen food.

Don't go for a pair... Just get one. Mandarin fish like most dragon fish are extremely territorial and will mist often fight in a small space... You can never go wrong with one :)

Hmmm not sure how effective those are... Never really thought of moving in to a refugium... Cause the unit itself needs quite a lot of care with the right water flow, temp and good light cause if the algae dies then it stops working. Good luck though cause a refugium done right can be a super plus point for a reef tank.

You could try a basket type refugium... Not too sure how effective it is though. I see a lit of nano tank owners using them.

Good news I got my clowns, a diamond watchman goby and a camel shrimp for my 15 gal :) will upload the pics shortly...

Back
Top Bottom