Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Multiple reef questions:

1) I have a Kenya tree that only partially opens, itís in a high flow area and a higher rock closer to the light, is that a factor of why its partially closed?
2) my zoas have yet to colonize beyond the frag has it came on the lfs, itís been six months, should I manually frag it and attach it to the rock?

Old 07-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It could be the flow that is affecting the kenya tree. I'd suggest keeping it in the sandbed as when it starts to flourish it will start dropping limbs that will grow into new kenya trees. They will be easier to remove in the sandbed so your tank isn't over run.

As for the zoas, they can be slow growing at times. They lay a mat out that they grow across. The spread of any coral can be hampered by poor water conditions, poor lighting, or simply stuff in the way like algae growth.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, questions, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com