My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you :) Think I found my new favorite LFS. The owner even told me that if there is anything special I want to let her know and if she can get will order it in and hold it for me. Beats paying shipping charges.

I love my lfs look up aqua corals online they are 20 min away and have the biggest soft coral store in the us!!!

I love my lfs look up aqua corals online they are 20 min away and have the biggest soft coral store in the us!!!

That is great. The store I went to doesn't have a online presence but she did give me the site of her distributor and told me to take a look at what they have and if I see anything to call and let her know. Will be browsing today lol.

Question, I am going to doing my first water change today. Is it ok to do some rescaping while I am at it? Since getting the corals yesterday things seem a little cramped so I was wanting to rearrange a little while I had the water out of the tank and before putting the fresh in.

Done a water change today and a re-scape. Will post some pics once the tank clears up.

Here is a new pic of my re-scaped tank after doing my water change yesterday. Should have enough room for me new inhabitants that will be here tomorrow.

img_2925752_0_240bcac76d2b1840c89980004109cf03.jpg

I think this looks 100% better. Except I do see some risks of dead spots in some places. Id watch for that.

Thanks Macscale :) I agree it is much better....will keep en eye out for dead spots. Still got some room behind the rocks for cleaning purposes and elevated the live rock on the right with some smaller rocks to keep flow and hiding places. My firefish is really loving it....been out much more since the change.

Here is a new pic of my re-scaped tank after doing my water change yesterday. Should have enough room for me new inhabitants that will be here tomorrow.

img_2925846_0_240bcac76d2b1840c89980004109cf03.jpg

Looks very nice! I like how you effectively incorporate the new rock of polyps into your scape. My only question is about the cave under the larger pillar - is there any risk of that being a dead spot? Shouldn't be very hard to fix if it is just by adjusting the powerhead.

Looks very nice! I like how you effectively incorporate the new rock of polyps into your scape. My only question is about the cave under the larger pillar - is there any risk of that being a dead spot? Shouldn't be very hard to fix if it is just by adjusting the powerhead.

Thanks dingus :). Yes I was thinking about it and I have made an adjustment to the power head. Now have flow going through it. Went and took a look at it after Macscale commented on the possibility, didn't think about that at the time :lol:

Thanks dingus :). Yes I was thinking about it and I have made an adjustment to the power head. Now have flow going through it. Went and took a look at it after Macscale commented on the possibility, didn't think about that at the time :lol:

Sounds good, and btw your fire fish always looks happy in your pics, always out and about lol.

He has definitely been more active that is for sure. My wife was looking at him and said he looks lonely :lol:I told her I will get another small fish but can't put anymore than that in there, besides the corals. Then she told me I should bring the tank to the living.....she said that Saltwater tank are for show not to be in another room :eek:

So I talked to her about the 30-40g I am planning on and she kinda got into it...

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I love the new layout! I always like the 2 Island look.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom