My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Firefish will be fine with some flake food. :)

Nice rock too btw, LOTS of coralline on it, should seed your other rock quite nicely.

Firefish will be fine with some flake food. :)

Nice rock too btw, LOTS of coralline on it, should seed your other rock quite nicely.

Oh that is good, was worried there lol. Yes, I love the live rock but they were a little expensive...11.00 for one piece :eek: But I just had to get it especially when I seen the coralline on it :lol:

Looking great! Loving the firefish :) I can't wait to get one when I have a larger tank.

Looking great! Loving the firefish :) I can't wait to get one when I have a larger tank.

He is so cute, was swimming all over the place last night lol. The only othe fish I am planning on is a yellow goby and then will be at my limit for fish. He just caught my eye and I had to get him.

Nice firefish! I've always liked them but my tank is open top...

Mine was open but I picked up a glass top for it yesterday also. Last thing I want is for him to start carpet surfing lol.

Mine was open but I picked up a glass top for it yesterday also. Last thing I want is for him to start carpet surfing lol.

Mines rimless, so no top will be going on it lol. Don't want to ruin the look but yeah for these guys a top is necessary. Firefish and carpet surfing go hand in hand

Mines rimless, so no top will be going on it lol. Don't want to ruin the look but yeah for these guys a top is necessary. Firefish and carpet surfing go hand in hand

+1 on that bribo. The glass top I got still has some room in the back for my filter etc. so I just asked my wife to check on him since I am at work. I told her I didn't want him carpet surfing and she didn't know what I was talking about :lol:

Yeah when I had my 10, I had one little hole in the back of my good and I had two red banded hi-fin gobies jump out of it. I was amazed haha. Somehow I even found one on top of the hood...I was so confused

Yeah when I had my 10, I had one little hole in the back of my good and I had two red banded hi-fin gobies jump out of it. I was amazed haha. Somehow I even found one on top of the hood...I was so confused

They are tricky little things lol. My wife just sent me a message saying I had a pretty fish in the tank haha. He must have been hiding this morning because I didn't see him and the lights were off so maybe sleeping.

I have had FW fish do the same thing and found them on the back of the hood, floor etc :lol:

Here is a better shot of the Firefish...he is under the blue lights right now, tomorrow I will see if I can get one under the whites. And DANG! he is quick lol.

img_2919697_0_847e442f286ae7e804df6a497b9b2586.jpg

Ok, here is a better pic of the Firefish, just finished eating some mysis shrimp...he was a little pig lol.

Quick question, since he is the only fish in the tank I don't put much in there for him, only what he will eat. Is there a way I can save the mysis he doesn't eat so it isn't wasted?

img_2920366_0_6d0be7312faa3c042f267f5cadfb2716.jpg

Try slicing off a bit of a cube, thawing that, and freezing the rest in a plastic bag.

Firefish looks great btw!

Thank You! :) I am loving him and he is fun to watch. Looking for my next additions as far as inverts, corals and maybe a yellow watchman goby. I will post a list of what I am looking at to get everyone's opinions before I purchase anything hehehe.

I am so excited! I purchased my first coral today and a new LFS where I work. I got a couple pics but first I have to tell everyone....I think I got an awesome deal.

When I went in I seen some button polys and figured they would be good to start with. They all were on a nice piece of live rock, so I asked how much it was. The employee had to ask the manager because since they were not able to remove the coral from the rock she said would have to sell it at 12.95 per pound for the rock. The employee went and got the scale and the scale broke :facepalm: .

So she told me to wait a few minutes and she would talk with the manager again. When she came back she asked if $30.00 was too much...I said HECK NO!!! when I got home I weighted it on a scale I have and it weighted a hair over 2 pounds....they awesome part is how many heads are on the rock and with new one's on the way. Take a look....

Here is pic 1

img_2923322_0_6eeea3819be20ad22281a915c462cbde.jpg

And here is number 2

img_2923322_1_88c198df17fe62103d23a6fe0b8ef2ed.jpg

Last edited:
Also got a hitchhiker....and extra hermit crab :lol:

Oh my god!!! Thats a crazy deal!! It looks awesome!! So you got two pieces?

Oh my god!!! Thats a crazy deal!! It looks awesome!! So you got two pieces?

Thank's All_fish :) Yes it was a crazy deal! No, it's just one big piece just 2 different shots of it...gonna have to rescape I think lol. Too close to the glass, may do it when I do my water change. And the hitchhiker looks to be a scarlet legged hermit.

Made out like a bandit :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom