My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to know. Was skeptical but yeah seems to be going fine.

Was also wondering, Was planning on maybe adding a few pieces of Shaving Brush Plant to my setup. Does it have to be acclimated as well or just put it in when the time comes?

Here's a question... I bought this dry rock from TFP. I hope it is ok for sw use. Seems kinda brittle but I liked the white/orange color. This is for my 20h build. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396703715.166797.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396703736.402872.jpg

There are millions of tiny little holes all over the rock. My cell pics don't do it justice. I'm thinking of using a drill and adding a cave into this rock. It's so brittle that I can use a screwdriver and just scrape the holes into it

Tomorrow will be a week since I have added the shrimp to start the cycle. Current params are...

Ammonia: 4.0ppm
Nitrite: 1.0ppm
Nitrate: 40ppm

Would it be ok to remove the shrimp or should I go ahead and leave it in longer?

I'm adding shrimp to my 20h today. I'll be interested to find out how long it should be in there.

How many shrimp did you use? Just one?

I'm adding shrimp to my 20h today. I'll be interested to find out how long it should be in there.

How many shrimp did you use? Just one?

Yes just one since I have a 10g nano...starting out small lol.

My first sw tank is a 92 gal corner tank. This 20gallon that I am adding shrimp to today is my second sw tank.

EDIT: my 92g corner I bout used and was up and running already so no need to cycle it.

My first sw tank is a 92 gal corner tank. This 20gallon that I am adding shrimp to today is my second sw tank.

EDIT: my 92g corner I bout used and was up and running already so no need to cycle it.

Awesome! This is my first venture into sw, always been in fw. So far things are going good if I can just control the salt creep to keep my salinity balanced I will be doing good :lol:

Well I removed what was left of the shrimp today, which wasn't much lol. New parameters are....

Ammonia .50ppm = down from 4.0ppm from Saturday
Nitrite 5.0ppm = Up from 1.0ppm
Nitrate 160ppm = Way up from 40ppm
PH 8.0 Steady - No change

Woo Hoo getting there :lol:

Well I removed what was left of the shrimp today, which wasn't much lol. New parameters are....

Ammonia .50ppm = down from 4.0ppm from Saturday

Nitrite 5.0ppm = Up from 1.0ppm

Nitrate 160ppm = Way up from 40ppm

PH 8.0 Steady - No change

Woo Hoo getting there :lol:

So how long was it in there?

So how long was it in there?

Had the shrimp in for 1 week as of today. Once I seen the ammonia was going down from 4.0 and the nitrite and nitrate went up I figured it was time :)

HELP! LOL...I don't know what to do :blink:

I still can't get my salinity right. For the past 2 days I have been adding more salt to the tank by taking out water from it and adding more salt, mixing it and pouring it back in. Check after a couple hours and I still get 1.016.

If I check the saltwater I have mixed in a 10 gallon covered container it registers 1.023. I have checked for salt creep and the only thing I have found is under the inside rim of the tank. I have added it back to the tank and used non-salt water to top off and still the same issue. :banghead:

Any idea's?

HELP! LOL...I don't know what to do :blink:

I still can't get my salinity right. For the past 2 days I have been adding more salt to the tank by taking out water from it and adding more salt, mixing it and pouring it back in. Check after a couple hours and I still get 1.016.

If I check the saltwater I have mixed in a 10 gallon covered container it registers 1.023. I have checked for salt creep and the only thing I have found is under the inside rim of the tank. I have added it back to the tank and used non-salt water to top off and still the same issue. :banghead:

Any idea's?

What are you using to measure the salinity?

What are you using to measure the salinity?

A hydrometer...wish I would have gotten the refactometer instead! Now I got to wait till I get paid to get it since my wife bottomed out the credit card. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom