My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In stead of topping off with ro, top off with salt

I have been, actually been taking about 2 cups of water out of the aquarium and adding more salt to it, dissolving it and then adding it back in.

That could be it. Your salinty might be being read completely wrong.

that's what I am afraid of. Just weird how when I check the water I have in reserve measures 1.023 every time I check it :blink:

Well, still got a few weeks to go with the cycle, trites and trates are up and ammonia is getting even lower. By the time everything is done with the cycle I should be able to have a refactometer by then to test it with.

Take a sample to your lfs and see what it's at. Take a measurement with your hydrometer before you take the sample in so you can figure out how off the hydrometer is.

Take a sample to your lfs and see what it's at. Take a measurement with your hydrometer before you take the sample in so you can figure out how off the hydrometer is.

Ahhh...good idea lol. Will do, thanks Red! :)

Got a question about lighting. The lights I have utilize both the white lights and blue lights. I can set them to where I have just one or the other on or both at the same time. Lights also have a built in timer.

My question is, how should I set this up and for how many total hours per day?

I'd run blues on for an hour, then whites and blues on for 7-8 hours, then just blues again for anothe hour before lights out.

I'd run blues on for an hour, then whites and blues on for 7-8 hours, then just blues again for anothe hour before lights out.

Now that sounds like a plan lol. Wasn't sure how long for either as I didn't want to have a problem with algae growth. This sounds just like what I need.

:thanks:

Now that sounds like a plan lol. Wasn't sure how long for either as I didn't want to have a problem with algae growth. This sounds just like what I need.

:thanks:

Haha no problem maye try for a total lighting period of 9 hours :)

Parameter update...

PH Steady at 8.0
Ammonia at "0" Woo Hoo
Nitrite Steady at 5.0
Nitrate Steady at 160

Now hopefully will start to see the others drop. Couple more weeks to go!!

Ok, here it is...nothing special but getting there....

img_2912396_0_dac4b67f5b75007c395bf9792b2e1553.jpg

Ok, here it is...nothing special but getting there....

img_2912410_0_dac4b67f5b75007c395bf9792b2e1553.jpg

I noticed your using a small tetra heater. Well, IME that ones no good. I've used it twice and broke within two months both times. The lack controllability also bothered me. You might want to upgrade it. IME and my $.02

This one here...

Marineland Reef Lighting

They are suitable for softies and LPS from what I can tell which is fine. When I have a handle on things and move up to a bigger tank I will be investing in better lights for sure. Supposedly these give 120par.

I noticed your using a small tetra heater. Well, IME that ones no good. I've used it twice and broke within two months both times. The lack controllability also bothered me. You might want to upgrade it. IME and my $.02

I was thinking the same thing here lately. Its been working good but at the same time as you said, it may break pretty quick. My experience with Tetra products have been a love hate relationship :lol: Will more than likely get a new one when I go to get my refractometer :)

I was thinking the same thing here lately. Its been working good but at the same time as you said, it may break pretty quick. My experience with Tetra products have been a love hate relationship :lol: Will more than likely get a new one when I go to get my refractometer :)

Yeah that'd be a good move. I've found that even the model that's a step up, $5 more the quality changes durastically.

Yeah that'd be a good move. I've found that even the model that's a step up, $5 more the quality changes durastically.

True, plus since I am planning on a bigger tank by the beginning of next year I will be able to use it on that as well without having to put more money into another one.

Back
Top Bottom