My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
So everything is finally together almost. Just waiting for this small mini jet to get here. It'll increase the flow in the tank, but I'll keep it on low so the future dwarves won't be flying around the tank. I'll post up a picture later.

-Dylan

Very interested. I'm hoping this is going to be a full blow build thread of sorts?
tagging along. :popcorn:

This is it so far. Nothing special YET. I do not want to fill it up to much those dwarves are small, so it would be hard to see them if I went all out. Those green plants you see are going to be replaced by caulerpa in a week or two. Tomorrow is day one of cycling. But overall so far I really like it for my first SW tank :) oh and it's a little foggy because I added sand , and the quality of this flip. It's really clear right now though :)

-Dylan

Attachments

• image-2967157244.jpg
    image-2967157244.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,014
Looking nice! Where are you getting the seahorses from?? And how are you planning on feeding them? Do you have a breeding tank for live food set up too? I think dwarf seahorses are so cute!

Everything is planned out. I'm going to feed them Rotifers. And Im going to culture them in a 5 gallon bucket/smaller. I have some BBS backup just in case it ever crashes. Im getting them from Seahorse Source.com And im also going to buy a few medications for them on their JUST in case. You could never be too careful with these little guys. And they are cute! :)

-Dylan

4 too start. Hopefully 2 males and 2 females.

-Dylan

I know they sensitive to temperature. Do you have a chiller?

Dwarves are actually subtropical. They have a wide range from 68-80F. My temperature is at 74 F.

-Dylan

Today is day one of cycling. (fish less cycling) added the shrimp earlier today. It's already started to peel.

-Dylan

Yey. I have decided when I get them, I am going to name one of the males "Casper" and one of the females "Ponyo" :) I don't know what to name the other two though. Lol.

-Dylan

Today everything is still at 0. The pH however, is at a 8.2 I believe. Those purples are hard to tell on the liquid test kit. I might add a buffer tomorrow to stabilize it at a 8.4 . What do you guys think?

-Dylan

SteveFishman said:
Post some pictures when you get it set up[/QUOTE
yeah I'll be posting pictures say every three days.

-Dylan

I'd say no to the buffer. Like it's been said on here before, those buffers are temporary, and it would be better to have a stable one that's not exactly what you want.

Okay. The day before yesterday, it was red, so I guess that was below 7.6 yesterday it was like a 8.2. I think it's beginning to stabilize anyway.

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom