My 9 gallon Eheim reef fully loaded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jan4scuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
After losing some expensive coral bought at LFS. I discovered a number of hobbyists selling frags as well as full specimens on Craig's List. When I went to visit them I was shocked at the quality, variety and low prices they charged. But best of all was their advice and encouragement
in helping me set up and maintain my new tank.

The prices were literally half to 70% cheaper with higher quality. I was wondering if anyone else has had this se experience?

I now laugh when I go to my LFS or see online pricing and on top of that shipping is anywhere from $30.00 to $50.00 extra.

Here's a few pics of what I was able to buy. None of these were more than $40,00.

Let me know what you think. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430791933.989664.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430791957.021567.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430791974.138321.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430791990.504773.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430792013.571455.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hobbyists love the hobby, and $ is secondary to the majority. I have found very excellent prices all around as well. Just not got too much yet.

Your little tank is really packed!!! And full of lovely stuff.

You are so right on this I had the same experience too. Now wait until u check out your local swap frags event.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the comments. How do I find a local frag swap meet. Haven't seen any notifications about them. I live in Rockland County NY. It's 30 miles north of NYC and on the border of northern NJ.
I know there must be a lot of them but don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just Google it. I know there may be one coming up in NJ

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This forum doesn't do it but in other forums members post the upcoming frag swap in their region

Back
Top Bottom