My Bio 14... help with upgrades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 14 gallon biocube that I would like to upgrade and i was hoping to get some comments on the best stuff that is relitivly cheep. I would like to add a lot of corals to my tank.

1. Both of my fans broke and i was wondering what are the best fans to replace them. I heard the stock fans suck so i dont really want those again.

2. I want to get LEDs but i dont know what kid.

3. I also want to get rid of my bioballs and get a media rack. i guess for stage one i will have the filter floss and the second would be the purigen and the third would be a small amount of live rock. can i do this or would that not work.(is it worth it to get the meda rack or should i stay with the balls?)

Thats all i can think of now can anyone help me with this?

My stock list
-green mushrooms
-Kenya tree
-2 clowns
-peppermint shrimp

SAM_0627.jpg

Not sure about the fans but I heard people use computer cooling fans. But if u get LEDs they put off less heat so repacement stock fans could be a cheaper way to go, they are all over e bay.

For the lights check out rapid led.com they have kits for the biocube give them a call too ask them all the questions you have best way to do it IMO

Back
Top Bottom