My first marine tank 34g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loynzey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first marine fish tank so a noobie........

>Bow Front Sera Marin biotop cube 130lt / 34G.<

Spec:
LIGHTING
- T5 pl -24 W......2 Florescent tubes ...... 1 Actinic blue light, 1neutral daylight
- 2 LED lights for moonlight
- 2 fans for cooling the circuit and lights

4CHAMBER INTERNAL FILTER
- 2 filter sponges
- Sera flow pump stp 1000 -
Sera protein skimmer ps 130
- Sera heater 100W

i set the take up before xmas put half dry sand half live sand and about 10kilos of live rock left too cycle which took around 3 weeks for levels too drop but still left it another weekend half till I started stocking. stocked slowly over the weeks and here is what I had

3 orange legged hermit crabs
1 white stripped cleaner shrimp
1 cardinal cleaner shrimp
Two small tank breed common clowns
1 regal tang
1 flame dwarf
1 firefish
1 keyhole dwarf

Everything was going wicked levels were great fish looked healthy and feeding well so I thought I'll start getting some corals.bought a few which were all small frag but still looked nice. I wanted something a little bigger though so with out reading into it too much I simply impulse bought a florescent tip chandol anemone. Very bad news it killed my flame, keyhole, firefish and a few weeks later one of me clowns. With that I got rid of the nem and took my surviving tank mates to my LFS which they are keeping in medical tanks out back.

Here's a photo of the tank before I put any corals in.

Attachments

• image-2565772043.jpg
    image-2565772043.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 625
Forgot too mention the nem was only in a night when I woke the next day to find 2 fish dead. So that morning I bagged up
The nem and left it in the tank and flushed the dead ones, returned from worked and went straight too LFS and took with me' the firefish which looked not too well and the bagged nem( I bought it from net and not them). they informed me' the nem looked half dead and was breaking up and had probably politted the tank. so returned the following morning with the rest of my alive tank mates a I had to do 2 50% and a 25% change over the course of the next week. I've done this and I'm at the stage where my levels are back down and can put fish back in. I just have sand live rock n some surviving corals left in my tank as the attached photo shows.

Attachments

• image-1266744041.jpg
    image-1266744041.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 408
Here's pics of the coral I have ATM plus I have a small green star polyps frag but was hiding so couldn't get a pic.

with the set up i have of 4 chambers is there any suggestions u have of how I can modify my internal filtration to make it better overall???

Attachments

• image-3609117091.jpg
    image-3609117091.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 328
  • image-3578214349.jpg
    image-3578214349.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 583
  • image-569440534.jpg
    image-569440534.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 307
  • image-4105513473.jpg
    image-4105513473.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 343
Thank you. So can a blue tang or flame angel go in a tank this small? Will these fish bother coral? I have a 29g biocube with two tank bred false perc that are each 1 inch long. Can I add more fish? I attached a pic of my tank?

Attachments

• image-867975676.jpg
    image-867975676.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 372
Nice tank and setup, Im starting to like those cubes, but they are a bit pricey for me, but boy... it looks really nice.

Well blue tangs any tang infact needs a tank of atleast 75 gallons so no tang you can definetly add more fish flames can be safe but they may nip at your corals it is sort of a gamble

Oh wait buddy just realized what you were talking about you NEED to take out the tang otherwise it is gonna die

Why would a tang not do well in 34G,my regal looked like it was doing great? atm I have no fish and LFS said I can take my fish back or equivalent price to fish he's looking after. my regal looked like it was doing great?

I'll be going to lfs in a few days to start stocking not to sure how I'm going to go this time now I'm starting again from
Scratch. Any suggestion on fish how many etc?

With my set up is there anything u guys surgest I change or any modification too the filtration system at back to make it run better ???

I think it is just the fact that Tangshan need a lot of space to swim. Go on the Internet and do some reading. I am no where close to an expert. I have a 29g and I always get a no to Tangs.

I think it is just the fact that Tangshan need a lot of space to swim. Go on the Internet and do some reading. I am no where close to an expert. I have a 29g and I always get a no to Tangs.

+1

tangs are recommended for people with 6' long tanks which is 100G+. the tang may look fine but thats not how it goes, they need swimming room and even if they didnt it would grow much too big for your tank anyway

Back
Top Bottom