My First Saltwater Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I waited a couple days to get a shrimp put some fish food in there didn't hardly do nothin the shrimp works really good I had it in there 5 days and by day 4 it was about 8 ppm I geuss the more ammonia the better BB establishment you will get!!

Guessing that won't either?

If not I'll buy shrimp...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395169496.322211.jpg

When I go out to get shrimp tomorrow should I buy new filter media or can I wait two weeks to get it when I get new lights.

Also, is any kind of raw shrimp ok and how many pieces?

They make 20" T5 HO dual bulb light strip that would fit a 10gal I think it is 18 watts per bulb

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a nice light I'll probably get that one or the other but gonna order next Friday

That's a nice deal for a good light. And you can add light strips so you can upgrade for higher light corals

Yeah it went way up to8 ppm plus but it went down really fast in about two days so it worked good but yeah one is enough they was kinda small ones I used though!!

Is it ok to just drop the shrimp in the tank? I don't have a bag for it.

Yea but it's taking too long to get stuff, I don't have a car rite now so it's hard to get stuff..

Day 1 - Shrimp Cycle

As you can see I made changes.

I took some black sand out and toped it off with white sand.

New aquascape and Blue Background.

Also finally got shrimp after ten years of waiting..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395628448.685372.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395628458.288156.jpg

Been like a week or more since I put in a raw piece of shrimp. It is decaying and nasty smelling in the tank. Any advice on why no levels have changed ? No cycle/spike have begin.

Back
Top Bottom