My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Par and I believe pur (I think that's it) values are the real measurement of intensity.

Par doesn't really do much with LED. It's mostly PUR you are looking for.

Since no one answered the OP's questions about the Radions, I will.
Right now there are 3 generations.
Gen 1- obviously the first
Gen 2 and Pro- Both are the second wave.
Gen 3 | x30r pro (something like that)- The newest additions.
Doesn't matter what you get really. Just the newer one will have nicer stuff. Expensive though.

Isn't the difference par is with out water and pur is through water? And where ya been Mac, long time no see :D

Par doesn't really do much with LED. It's mostly PUR you are looking for.

Since no one answered the OP's questions about the Radions, I will.
Right now there are 3 generations.
Gen 1- obviously the first
Gen 2 and Pro- Both are the second wave.
Gen 3 | x30r pro (something like that)- The newest additions.
Doesn't matter what you get really. Just the newer one will have nicer stuff. Expensive though.

Thanks Mac :) Ok, now something new to learn waht is PUR lol?

The Gen 3's are nice and I have been looking at them. I found a kit that had the 30g AIO, Gen 3, and the MP 10 power head but the whole kit was like 1400.00 :blink:!

I was also checking into the ReefBreeders that Red and bribo mentioned and they are great also. Oh decisions decisions lol.

Isn't the difference par is with out water and pur is through water? And where ya been Mac, long time no see :D

No,
Pur- Photosynthetically useful radiation. The light waves that help which are emitted by LED.
Par can have plenty of useless light. Like green, yellow and such. PUR is the measure of those that have an affect on our creatures, like blue and white.

I've been settling in from the trip. Been busy the past few days. Glad to be back though. Been doing a lot of reading too. Trying to look at the hobby from different aspects. Educating myself. You know.

Thanks Mac :) Ok, now something new to learn waht is PUR lol?

The Gen 3's are nice and I have been looking at them. I found a kit that had the 30g AIO, Gen 3, and the MP 10 power head but the whole kit was like 1400.00 :blink:!

I was also checking into the ReefBreeders that Red and bribo mentioned and they are great also. Oh decisions decisions lol.

Lol,
PUR- Photosynthetically Useful Radiation. Mentioned In the other post. Radions are quite pricey and I do find some of the color options included unnecessary and useless. Very cool controllability, but it muse be dimmed a lot. The smart phone feature is so cool too.
Vortechs are amazing too. If you can spring for the Ecotech prices, go for it.

Welcome back Mac, hope you had a great trip. :)

Thanks for explaining the PUR to me, really makes sense and a big help. Will check into the ecotechs as well. Ws originally thinking about adding another Hydor 240 to go with the one I got. Figured between 2 of those and the 2 returns that the AIO has it would generate enough flow throughout the whole thing.

Welcome back Mac, hope you had a great trip. :)

Thanks for explaining the PUR to me, really makes sense and a big help. Will check into the ecotechs as well. Ws originally thinking about adding another Hydor 240 to go with the one I got. Figured between 2 of those and the 2 returns that the AIO has it would generate enough flow throughout the whole thing.

Thanks, it was amazing. Ill be opening up a photography thread in the watering hole and there are some pictures there if you want to see. (In a minute or so)

Well, the return flow is always a little but of a misconception. You really shouldn't count that as part of it. Use it for surface agitation if you can.

I think the controllability of Powerheads is really useful when it comes to mixed reefs. That way if you need more flow here but less there you have more way of adjusting and helping other then buying a different one later. If you don't have the cash for an Mp-10, WP-10 or 25 by jebao are great too.

Thanks, it was amazing. Ill be opening up a photography thread in the watering hole and there are some pictures there if you want to see. (In a minute or so)

Of course, will keep my eye open so I can check them out :cool:

Well, the return flow is always a little but of a misconception. You really shouldn't count that as part of it. Use it for surface agitation if you can.

I think the controllability of Powerheads is really useful when it comes to mixed reefs. That way if you need more flow here but less there you have more way of adjusting and helping other then buying a different one later. If you don't have the cash for an Mp-10, WP-10 or 25 by jebao are great too.

Ahhh, ok, will do that with the surface agitation as suggested. I will check out the jebao for sure. I love what the others offer and if I can with them I will. I can see where the controllability would be a great help.

Of course, will keep my eye open so I can check them out :cool:

Ahhh, ok, will do that with the surface agitation as suggested. I will check out the jebao for sure. I love what the others offer and if I can with them I will. I can see where the controllability would be a great help.

The jebaos will run you about $60. Carey, I'm sure you are familiar with uses them on a couple tanks I believe. She pry has more info then me. :)

Another lighting option would be Kessils. A sleek pendant that's pretty great. If you get the A360, they are finally controllable in spectrum I believe. Which is great.

Another option would be the Razor LEDS. Pretty nice to, the Nano model would pry work. Less pricey too. Then radions.

The Vertex Illumina is another option. Highly recommended by BRS, if you've seen the BRS TV videos you'd know. Not a lot of people on here use them though.

Ok I have been checking out all the suggestions given so far. Now to narrow them down...

1. Vertex Illumina - Major Nice but out of my price range
2. Razor Nano - In my price range and the mounting bracket is a big plus.
3. Kessil's - Looks good and good reviews and can get a hanging bracket as well. Would 1 be enough?
4. ReefBreeders - Really like the look, seem to have what the others have or close to it plus the 2 year warranty.

Now need to toss around the best way to go. :)

Ok I have been checking out all the suggestions given so far. Now to narrow them down...

1. Vertex Illumina - Major Nice but out of my price range

2. Razor Nano - In my price range and the mounting bracket is a big plus.

3. Kessil's - Looks good and good reviews and can get a hanging bracket as well. Would 1 be enough?

4. ReefBreeders - Really like the look, seem to have what the others have or close to it plus the 2 year warranty.

Now need to toss around the best way to go. :)

I'm guessing the radion is out of the question? Kessils are pendants, you can buy a gooseneck for them. It depends on the model you get. What are the dimensions of the tank?

Don't forget the razor is also programmable

I'm guessing the radion is out of the question? Kessils are pendants, you can buy a gooseneck for them. It depends on the model you get. What are the dimensions of the tank?

Don't forget the razor is also programmable

Oh dang forgot to look at the Radion's lol. If I go with the 30 AIO it is 19"x19"x19".

If I go with the 38g it is 23.62" x 19.02" x 19.02"

Let me go check out the Radion's real quick.

Oh dang forgot to look at the Radion's lol. If I go with the 30 AIO it is 19"x19"x19".

If I go with the 38g it is 23.62" x 19.02" x 19.02"

Let me go check out the Radion's real quick.

With the 30 you could get away with just one A360. The 38 needs two A360's or One A360W, which would give you less penetration.

Just looked at the Radion's...those are awesome for sure....but way outta my price range right now :(

Not sure how deep they penetrate but the kessil 150w's cover 24"x24" I believe. Maybe some one who uses kessils can confirm (*cough* Bribo *cough* ;) )

Yeah they are definitely pricey, I hope to get some one day.

Agreed. They would for sure be the ones I would go with, but until I get more space and money I will have to go a different route :)

Back
Top Bottom