My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure how deep they penetrate but the kessil 150w's cover 24"x24" I believe. Maybe some one who uses kessils can confirm (*cough* Bribo *cough* ;) )

Pretty sure it is a 24"x 24" x 24" cube. All I've ever found was it penetrates deeper then your tank. Not pertaining to you specifically but just a phrase.

It covers 24" x 24". For a 19" deep tank I'd probably want the 350w or 360w

The shimmer they put out is unreal and the colors of my corals is fantastic

I wish I could take a video of my tank to show off the shimmer...hmm ill try

Here ya go :). The quality is awful...iPhone :( but I think you can kinda tell hahahttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vo1Ka7xRDk

Here ya go :). The quality is awful...iPhone :( but I think you can kinda tell hahahttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vo1Ka7xRDk

Wow! I love the way it shimmers! And that is the Kessil's correct?

And no, the quality was bad at all lol.

Yeah that's my kessil a150w "ocean blue". It's a 15k spectrum. The video makes it look really blue but it's a nice crisp white/blue

Yeah that's my kessil a150w "ocean blue". It's a 15k spectrum. The video makes it look really blue but it's a nice crisp white/blue

Man...I may have to with them after seeing that :lol:. Thanks Bribo :)

I can see why! That has definitely helped me push the decision on the kessil up on the list.

Now that I got just about everything I need for my new build, except for the tank and rock, I was wanting to see if I could input from others on something.

When I go to set up this new tank I want to kind of have a theme to it. Something like the lost city or tree of life....

Was hoping everyone may be able to offer suggestions or opinions on what can be used beside rock and sand to maybe bring this about?

Something else I want with my new build...

Dave awesome idea! What type of corals were you thinking of getting? If you want a "tree of life" might be a cool idea if you could find a cool looking tall branching price of rock and place that in the center of the tank and only put encrusting type corals on it. Then on either side put some gorgs, macro algae and smaller branching sps. Would take awhile but would be incredible! Depending on your tank and lighting might be cool if some of the branches were out of the water!

Dave awesome idea! What type of corals were you thinking of getting? If you want a "tree of life" might be a cool idea if you could find a cool looking tall branching price of rock and place that in the center of the tank and only put encrusting type corals on it. Then on either side put some gorgs, macro algae and smaller branching sps. Would take awhile but would be incredible! Depending on your tank and lighting might be cool if some of the branches were out of the water!

great suggestion NanoNewb :) Similar thought crossed my mind with the tree of life. Was actually wondering if I could incorporate the two thoughts and bring them together as one. Lost city that represents the old and tree of life that represents the renewal.

Hmmm.....my mind is running now hahaha.

Ya, your idea has alot potential for sure. I saw a really neat nano mandarin tank that might spark some ideas for you.

Tamberav's Devoted Dragonet Tank - Members Aquariums - Nano-Reef.com Forums

Then mix that idea with a bunch of gorgs sponges, etc. Hurry up I want pictures! HAHA!

Thanks for the link NanoNewb :) Now that I am home from work I will check it out now.

Pics! Dang I ain't got the tank yet hahahaha.....believe me once I do and get started there will be plenty of pics :lol:

Back
Top Bottom