My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just do what bribo does :p. The lps and softies do just fine in the "clean" water, the biggest challenge IME in a fully mixed reef is getting the flow just right for everything.

Lol...ok, will read up on flow then. How about parameters? I know some corals require different levels of alk, calcium, mag etc. Is there a happy in between that all will do well with? This is the part that scares me with SPS lol.

Bribo!!!! what you do lolol.

Nothing! Haha jk I keep my lps and softies on the sandbed and just jack my flow up. Leathers though tend to like higher flow I've noticed. But yeah my acans, hammer, torch, and Duncan's are on the bottom in moderate flow. I've noticed everything but these has adjusted to the high flow. My gsp and leptastrea are both in high flow.
Oh and all corals do fine in the same general calc/alk/mag levels.

Just an FYI I'm pretty sure jbj is having a sale right now on the nano cubes Dave

Nothing! Haha jk I keep my lps and softies on the sandbed and just jack my flow up. Leathers though tend to like higher flow I've noticed. But yeah my acans, hammer, torch, and Duncan's are on the bottom in moderate flow. I've noticed everything but these has adjusted to the high flow. My gsp and leptastrea are both in high flow.
Oh and all corals do fine in the same general calc/alk/mag levels.

Nice! thanks Bribo. Iwas worried about that since some SPS tend to be finicky from my understanding. Another reason I was worried is because my hammer just went to nothing and I had him on the sand bed in more of a moderate flow area.

My GSP and Polyps seem to like the higher flow. They are right under the return from my filter and get a lot of flow from it and they are doing great, same with my candy canes. Once I get some SPS I am gonna start with a monti cap as they are suppose to be easy and then work my way from there.

No problem! Lol tell my tank monti caps are easy...I can't keep them alive. :(. But yeah they're a good starter or birdsnest or montipora digitata. Acros are a pain so get your feet wet with the easy ones. Once you can get those growing then try easier acros like stags or one of the ora aquacultured ones.

No problem! Lol tell my tank monti caps are easy...I can't keep them alive. :(. But yeah they're a good starter or birdsnest or montipora digitata. Acros are a pain so get your feet wet with the easy ones. Once you can get those growing then try easier acros like stags or one of the ora aquacultured ones.

Hahaha. I heard birdnest were easy as well for beginner SPS, really nice looking as well. I have a feeling that the harder SPS will be way down the road. I was also told echonophilla were easy SPS for beginners too. What's your opinion on them?

Hahaha. I heard birdnest were easy as well for beginner SPS, really nice looking as well. I have a feeling that the harder SPS will be way down the road. I was also told echonophilla were easy SPS for beginners too. What's your opinion on them?

You mean echinophylia? Those are chalices and lps. They like lower light. I'm not a big chalice fan so I've never owned one but I believe they're pretty easy?

You mean echinophylia? Those are chalices and lps. They like lower light. I'm not a big chalice fan so I've never owned one but I believe they're pretty easy?

That's it lol....pardon my spelling, half asleep :) I thought they were Sps....dang better study better it looks like.

Since they are LPS then I am sure I will give them a try then. Oh, I almost forgot.....my condy committed suicide :( When I came home from work the other day I had stopped by the LFS to get a sponge to cover the power head to keep him out of it. Well he decided to get back into it foot first this time before I got home with....wasn't much left of him.

Sad thing is he was doing so good...he had actually gained in size the little time I had him.

RIP Condy!

That stinks :(. And yeah they get confused a lot of the time for sps but they actually have long sweepers that can come out of them.

That stinks :(. And yeah they get confused a lot of the time for sps but they actually have long sweepers that can come out of them.

That's right, forgot about the sweepers. Will have to remember that when the time comes so I can keep distance with the other corals.

Happy Early Father's Day......

My wife is so awesome! Since fathers day is coming up soon she decided to surprise me early. She wanted me to take her to the LFS I had been going to since she hasn't been there yet to look around since this was the place I got the chinchilla's she wanted.

While we were there she was looking around at one end and I was looking around the other end of the store. You won't believe what she done.

She got me a brand new 36g Bow front Aqueon Aquarium with a 200w heater for my new SW setup! :dance:

She knew I was looking at something between 35-40g and seen this and bought it for me and had the clerk at the store load it up for her so I wouldn't see it until we got in the car.

THEN....after we get home she hands me a bag and said here is the rest....

A BIG a$$ turbo snail and a Black Ocellaris Clown! :dance: I didn't have the heart to tell her she shouldn't have got the clown lol. So guess I will be doing bigger water changes now until I get the new one setup.

Will post some pics shortly. :)

Awesome! Congrats man, sounds like a good day for you :)

Yes it was and thanks! can't wait to get things going. Gotta get more rock and sand but shouldn't need much of anything else lol.

Okies, here is the tank. Still haven't opened it yet.

img_2961817_0_46f76601918b04f22439d1e510e87260.jpg

Black Ocellaris Clown
img_2961817_1_6a033e68c96aa344ab19762524213956.jpg

Turbo Snail
img_2961817_2_04ad7341af240ab60f70599c8c0e35e7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom