My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, the SW bug has bit me hard and I am planning for my future build. I wanted to start this thread to get feedback from everyone on what I am looking at for this build. Everyone's opinions and experience has be a huge help to me so far :)

So first I am looking into a either a 30-40g AIO, possibly Nuvo. Space is limited or I would be going bigger lol. The reason I chose the AIO is everything is built in and adding skimmer, reactor etc. will be easier.

The first and main thing I am looking at is lighting. I was looking at a couple different one's and would like to get feedback on them....

First is this one, I like the programmable ability in it....
Amazon.com: 16" Programmable LED Aquarium Light Fixture - EUPHOTICA 16" Full Color Spectrum Saltwater Coral Fish Tank Grow Light: Pet Supplies

Then there is this one....
Amazon.com: Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 24 to 36-Inch: Pet Supplies

Also wanting to be able to mount them using a arm, rack etc. Since I rent my home can't put holes int he ceiling :lol:

20-30 more pounds of rock...will be using the current rock in my nano to make up for the rest.

Sand - How much would be needed for about a 1 1/2" to 2" sand bed?

How many fish would fit comfortably in a 30-40g?

Heater - 100w or 150w?

Would 2 Hydro 240's be enough since the AIO's have dual return heads?

Okies, these are my main questions right now. Looking forward to any and all feedback/assistance.

I would go with a 40 b the tank has so much space for aqua scape and is shallower I thing I'm gonna put a 30 gal sump on it awesome layout for a reef!!

I would go with a 40 b the tank has so much space for aqua scape and is shallower I thing I'm gonna put a 30 gal sump on it awesome layout for a reef!!

I was thinking about that when looking at a 40. My only concern is space. Are they much wider that the 30's?

Regular 30...kinda like the cubes that Nuvo has.

I believe regular 30s are only 12" wide whereas the breeder is 18"

Cool...will have to go with the regular then. this one will be going in my living room and already have a 55g FW in there at this time so can't go too big or the wife will kill me :ROFLMAO:

I think the nuvos are wonderful aio tanks. Much better than biocubes or Red Sea max. If you really want a nice tank get the solana 34 gallon cube :).

I think the nuvos are wonderful aio tanks. Much better than biocubes or Red Sea max. If you really want a nice tank get the solana 34 gallon cube :).

Oh wow....looking at it now. That is a nice tank....more room than a 30 and looks like it would fit nice.

Have you seen the price tag yet haha . It is starphire glass and IMO one of the nicest tanks out there. Just $$$

Have you seen the price tag yet haha . It is starphire glass and IMO one of the nicest tanks out there. Just $$$

Not yet, at their site but not seeing a price....thinking I don't want to either :eek:

Just the tank isn't bad as it's $188 on marinedepot but I think as the kit it gets up there

Lol idk maybe I'm thinking of something else. I just know it is a really nice cube. The nuvos are awesome too

That's expensive but not a terrible deal for everything you get. The radions are easily $600 and the vortech is $250. So the tank is then $550. Gues that is a lot haha

That's expensive but not a terrible deal for everything you get. The radions are easily $600 and the vortech is $250. So the tank is then $550. Gues that is a lot haha

True! Thinking if I buy individually may come out cheaper that way. Does seem a lot for the tank once the other things are removed from it.

Back
Top Bottom