My giant Turbo snail has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Giant turbo snails can live a little over 3 years. Unless you received an older one, age did not kill it. How big was it? Water parameters?

Dylan5359 said:
Giant turbo snails can live a little over 3 years. Unless your received an older one, age did not kill it. How big was it? Water parameters?

I think now having seen these answers it must of been age, he was massive when I got him base was double a 50 pence piece in size, but he was so active and had a camouflage of hair algae on his back, I think he stopped one day, and I noticed the next day him in the same position, and when looking closer found him dead. I have left him in there, should I remove him?

I would leave him in. Do you have any other CUC (clean up crew) like other snails, shrimp or crabs? if so they will take care of it for you. And leave the shell for a crab or a snail to move into when they outgrow theirs. Sorry about the loss.

Mike73 said:
I would leave him in. Do you have any other CUC (clean up crew) like other snails, shrimp or crabs? if so they will take care of it for you. And leave the shell for a crab or a snail to move into when they outgrow theirs. Sorry about the loss.

Yes I have 2 small hermits and 3 shrimps, so I guess he will be a nice meal for them now :(

Just to be safe I would take him out. Just incase the shrimp like tear the body up, they might miss pieces; ending in an ammonia spike.

Dylan5359 said:
Just to be safe I would take him out. Just incase the shrimp like tear the body up, they might miss pieces; ending in an ammonia spike.

Thanks will check that out, although when I looked most of him had already gone, will test water as well to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom