my nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynda orourke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi am looking for some advise with my sw nano again now I'm good with the basics. A friend of a friend who had got bored with it gave me this tank. Its about 30-40 litres, so it’s really tiny.

I have attached a couple of pics, as you can see its mostly living rock and the two fish, so my question is, is there anything you can think of that will improve this tank?

I don't think i can add any more fish, from what I've read both of mine are territorial, I don't think my lighting is suitable for corals and as its built in to the hood along with the filtration it would be difficult to up grade.

Its last owner put cleaning shrimp and hermit crabs in there but nither did well.

Any thoughts?

Attach file:

jpg.gif
10235002.JPG (526.64 KB)

Well they both are damsel fish. The maroon will get to grow about 6 inches (15cm). and the Three striped damsel will hit about 4 inches (10cm). They should be in a 30G (114 liter) or larger tank.

+++EDIT+++
So you have a bout a 10G tank.

Last edited:
you could put mushroom corals in there as long as it wasn't a ricordea. Maybe some yellow polyps. A shrimp is always cool in a 10 g but you're really going to have to trade those fish in. I have a 10g nano and there's a Banggai cardinal in it - he's the coolest fish I have and he's very friendly.

you can also look at a clown goby for your tank if your trade in the current fish. Some low light polyps or zoas or mushrooms could help.
do you know what kind of lights are in the tank?

Thanks but I really like my clown fish so I am looking to upgrade, on my budget it will take a few months but then I will have a better tank and happy fish

Back
Top Bottom