My new friend :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!! Hopefully I'll have better luck with this guy. He's been at the place I go and they've been watching him. He's eating frozen as well as tigger pods. I'm just happy he's eating.

It's a "red scooter Benny" (wrongfully named though) its really a dragonet. Dragnets are hard to keep because they normally will only eat live food like copepods, and they eat all day so you need to buy a lot of copepods or grow them. I wouldn't recommend getting one if your new to the hobby, Great little fish and fun to watch but hard to keep.

LuckyIrish said:
It's a "red scooter Benny" (wrongfully named though) its really a dragonet. Dragnets are hard to keep because they normally will only eat live food like copepods, and they eat all day so you need to buy a lot of copepods or grow them. I wouldn't recommend getting one if your new to the hobby, Great little fish and fun to watch but hard to keep.

I have a goby but he eats frozen, I have avoided any others just yet as my tank is not 6 months just yet!! I do like him though might look at investing in one in the future!! Thanks

LuckyIrish said:

Where could you buy copepods? I just setup a refugium so I'd like to populate that RO get ready for one of those in a few months

armyman16 said:
Where could you buy copepods? I just setup a refugium so I'd like to populate that RO get ready for one of those in a few months

I buy them from Reefs2go. You 1,000 and get 1,000 free!

I've seeded the tank with about hmmmm... Now, probably 8,000-10,000 copepods. I just wonder of there reproducing. Every time I change out my poly floss there literally hundreds in the floss. And at night if I take a flashlight and cover it with something red I can see 1,000's on the glass and all over the place!! It's so cool!!

Convict2161 said:
I buy them from Reefs2go. You 1,000 and get 1,000 free!

I've seeded the tank with about hmmmm... Now, probably 8,000-10,000 copepods. I just wonder of there reproducing. Every time I change out my poly floss there literally hundreds in the floss. And at night if I take a flashlight and cover it with something red I can see 1,000's on the glass and all over the place!! It's so cool!!

If you have any Copepods at all you can't stop them from reproducing! I love your new buddy!

IF I can find a dragonet used to eating frozen foods will I still need a good supply of copepods?

armyman16 said:
IF I can find a dragonet used to eating frozen foods will I still need a good supply of copepods?

They will be much happier on Copepods and in their natural habitat they eat pretty much constantly so Copepods are a good idea to keep around just in case

Back
Top Bottom