Nano Cube Invertebrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I have put together a stocking list of fish and invertebrates for my new 12 gallon Nano Cube. I got all the invertebrates off of Live Aquaria, but I still am not sure if this would be overcrowding the inverts because I have only had the fish before. Any help is very much appreciated! By the way I am planning on getting the Nano Coral pack off of Live Aquaria, so these are the ones coming in that set.

3x Nassarius Snails
2x Turban Snails
Electric Blue Hermit Crab
2x Sexy Shrimp
Random Mushroom Coral
Random Polyp Coral
Random Soft Coral
Random Coral from one of those categories

Yellow Tailed Damsel
Greenbanded Goby

Also should I take out the ceramic rings in the filter?

The ceramic rings are just a surface for bacteria to grow so you can leave them in if you want, if it is one of the chamber setups, then you could take them out and stuff some live rock rubble into that chamber. As for the invert list, I imagine that the sexy shrimp will become lunch for that damsel. Turbo snails get big and are clumsy, so make sure that all of your rock is secure as they will knock loose stuff down, this applies to coral as well. Keep a few extra shells in there for your hermit as he will outgrow his and will go after the snails if he can't find a new one. After your tank has been established for a good month ot 2, I would add another 4 or 5 nassarius snails as they are small. Wait on the coral to give your tank time to stabilize, this will also give you time to look for what you want and research the requirements. Hope this helps!

yeah, those are all good, thom made some good points as well.

greenbanded goby are you referring to the green clown goby? if so, thats fine. i wouldnt suggest the damsel as they get big and mean, but whatever floats your boat lol.

all in all everything sounds just right, surprisingly understocked!

Ok thank you. I am replacing the stock pump with a Maxi-Jet 900 and adding a Oceanic Biocube UV Sterilizer, but are there any good protein skimmers for a tank that size? Also are there any other fish besides a damsel that could go with the goby (iDreamInSaltwater, it is not the clown goby if you go on Live Aquaria you will find it) besides a CLOWNFISH?

sterilizer isnt necessary like i mightve said in the other thread, and the same with the skimmer, i know there are some that are good but not off the top of my head, i'll let someone else answer that one.

sorry, i found it, i looked but didnt see it at first, cute little guys! but yes there are plenty, i have a firefish goby and a starry blenny, look in the nano fish section on liveaquaria, theres a ton that aren't on there of course as well

Ok thank you. I am willing to get rid of the Protein Skimmer, but not the UV sterilizer. Also would any of you think this is the correct stuff for the chambers in the back of the Nano?

Left:Took out sponges, adding Sera filter wool and Purigen.
Middle:Took out rings, and bio-balls, adding Live Rock rubble.
Right:Replaced stock pump with Maxi-Jet 900 (Still need to find out how the cord will come out), also going to house heater and UV sterilizer.

yeah everything sounds good, i've heard good things about purigen, not sure about the pump upgrade, again for someone else.

everythings lookin good!

OK thanks I will wait for other replies too.

why do you need the sterilizer. A qt tank will do the same. Plus it will not run all the time. A tank that small, weekly 3-5g water changes will do the skimmer's job.

Back
Top Bottom