Nano decisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhunt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, new here and have been thinking about setting up a nano reef for a while now. Was wondering what tank you guys would recomend? I would like something less than 20 gallons, that comes with a skimmer and enough lighting to keep some corals.

I've kept aquariums before, but it has been many years. I'm actually a long time dart frog breeder (17 years or so). I know my way around the terrarium hobby like the back of my hand, but nano reef keeping is a totally different world and I need plenty of advice. Thanks

Many people like the Bio-Cubel line. There is an option of 14 gallons and 29 gallons. Neither come with a skimmer, but they can be ordered. :)

I'm new to nano reefing myself, 11 mos with a 14 biocube, stock system, torch coral,zoa's ,'shrooms, GSP, frogspawn, scolymia all doing well. No skimmer-just weekly water changes. Threw out stock filter and use floss and chemi-pure in mid chamber.

I have an orca tl550 with every thing including skimmer and uv steriliser seems a nice setup!

I have a 29g biocube and really like it. Everything but a powerhead and heater is included. I also do weekly water changes instead of a skimmer, the ones that fit in the cube aren't really that spectacular to begin with. I have taken out the bioballs in my setup and run a media tray adn small fuge in it's place. I also run purigen, chemipure elite and filter floss on top. :)

Thanks guys, still weighing my options. I've had salt tanks in the past, can't say very successfully though. Trying to get it right this time.

Back
Top Bottom