Nano power head for 14g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Celine

Aquarium Advice Regular
Should the nano power head on 24/7? Or it should have a quiet time for the tank? When my power head is on, my coral is happy but when it is off, my nemo is more happier to venture out??

Any suggestion? I have set it w/ my light schedule.
Moon light on @ 0700
Actinic & power head on @ 1300
Fluorescent light on @ 1600, off @ 2000
Actinic & power head off @ 2100
Moon light off @ 2230

Keep the powerhead on 24/7. What is the gph? It could be too strong for your small tank.

Btw..a "nemo" is a clownfish;)

I have Hydro Korales Nano 240 pump.

I have my nemo & memo ( both of them are clownfish) and an old man ( orange spot goby). I know I should not name the fish.

When the power head off, They seem to be venture out more, otherwise they just stay at the corner.

My powerhead position is at right top corner at the back, opposite side of the stock pump.

I would try to bounce the powerhead flow off a rock or the back glass to make it less. You should definitly have at least 1 powerhead on, yours isnt very strong so the fish shouldnt mind.

Here is my tank.

Any suggestion will be great appreciated! I just want my tank happy w/ out breaking my bank.

image-3212377460.jpg

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would try to bounce the powerhead flow off a rock or the back glass to make it less. You should definitly have at least 1 powerhead on, yours isnt very strong so the fish shouldnt mind.

My stock pump on 24/7. I don't have any rock on top to bounce back. I have tried so many angle to ensure my coco worm happy too. It doesn't like direct flow.

As long as you dont have any high flow corals you shouldnt have to have it on. But from personal experiences with same tank and powerhead. I left them on all the time.

Looks to me like whatever u decide to do will b alright. U have a beautiful tank. Lots of color. I also have a Biocube 14. I upgraded my stock pump to a MJ 900 but I don't have a PH. After seeing ur tank I might consider getting one

Back
Top Bottom